A mysterious wormhole sends the crew of a plane decades into the future, where they find humanity has died out and been replaced by a race of giant rabbits with human intelligence. Strangely enough, these rabbits bear a striking resemblance to characters in Watership Down...
Provides examples of:
- A Death in the Limelight: Boxwood and Haystack.
- After the End
- Alliterative Name: Russell Robbins.
- Anyone Can Die
- Big Bad: Woundwort and Robbins.
- Death of the Hypotenuse: McEwen.
- Dirty Coward: Vervain, like in the series.
- Door Stopper: 66 chapters and 419,524 words.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Pete is shocked to hear Robbins intends to kill dozens of innocent rabbits to get even with Alan.
- Identical Grandson: Woundwort bears a strong resemblance to Hemlock.
- Love Triangle: Between Alan, Josie, and McEwen. Alan and Josie end up together; McEwen dies.
- The Man Behind the Man: Red Hand for Robbins.
- Tom the Dark Lord: The main (human) villain is called "Russell Robbins". Very menacing.
- What an Idiot!: Acknowledged In-Universe; bringing nitroglycerin onto a balloon isn't the smartest idea.