The first book in the series, ââBlood of Galvasââ, focuses on the government of a small kingdom being taken over by vampire revolutionaries and the subsequent resistance movement against them.
Meanwhile, the queen of a neighboring kingdom is attacked and becomes a vampire, forcing her and her son (born a half-vampire since the queen was pregnant at the time) to find ways to cope with their curse.
Wordof God says that this is the first part of a planned trilogy, with many more arcs planned for after that.
Epic of Trin provides examples of the following tropes:
- Anti-Villain :
- Black Magic : The vampires' Blood Magic
- Bloody Murder : Blood Magic again
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Somolt, after being forced to publically support the vampires while attempting to secretly lead the resistance
- Insufferable Genius : Yocta
- Knight Templar : Restin
- La Résistance
- Our Vampires Are Different
- The Mole : Somolt after Thond discovers his part in the resistance and forces him to spy on it