The owner and manager of The Bookie Monster review website and author of both the Time of Death series and At Hell's Gates anthologies. Shana Festa's influence in horror literature is considerable as she's become a minor internet celebrity for reviewing over four hundred independent horror novels (at last count) for her website. Her site has since grown to have hundreds of thousands of visitors visit every month. Her reasoned, well-written tone also contrasts with many of the more Caustic Critic review sites out there.
She writes for Permuted Press.
These tropes apply to Shana Festa:
- Author Avatar: Some have stated Emma Rossi is this for her.
- Her dog, Daphne, definitely has one since that's the name of Emma Rossi's dog.
- Caustic Critic: Entirely averted.
- Cool Big Sister: Described as such by the The United Federation of Charles creator, C.T. Phipps.
- Girl-Show Ghetto: An important figure for breaking women's horror literature out of it.
- Happily Married: Mentioned quite often on her website.
- Heroes Love Dogs: A feature of her novels.
- Also in real-life.
- Hospital Hottie: Is a registered nurse and pleasant to look at.
- Nice Girl: Wrote the At Hell's Gates books to raise money for veterans. All proceeds go to charity.
- Perky Goth: An unusual example in that she looks and dresses like a bright and cheerful woman but is one of the biggest horror reviews on the net.
- Review Blog: Runs one.
- Team Mom: Her role at the Bookie Monster according to its reviewers.
- Zombie Apocalypse: A feature of her Time of Death series.