Stroud's other notable works are short stand-alone YA novels. His bibliography includes:
- Buried Fire
- The Leap
- The Last Siege
- Heroes of the Valley
Tropes that Jonathan Stroud is known for:
- Alternate History: Lockwood & Co. takes place in alternate world where London is overrun by ghosts. Similarly, in The Bartimaeus Trilogy, the government is made up of magicians.
- Coming-of-Age Story: In the Last Siege and Heroes of the Valley, the characters mature and learn more about themselves through the novel's events. They emerge as stronger people.
- Deadpan Snarker: Bartimaeus, Lucy and to a lesser extent, George are this.
- Functional Magic: The main characters in several of Stroud's later works have access to talismans and have limited control over the supernatural elements around them
Tropes about Jonathan Stroud:
- Bookworm: "Libraries were always there for me" *swoon*
- Needs More Love: Jonathan Stroud is massively underrated particularly outside the UK. This may be partially attributed to the fact that Disney Hyperion, the North American publishers do not give him Canadian book tours.