The Future Of Gaming is a video game created by Diptoman for Game Jolt in 2016. It's a platformer in which you control a nameless man with a VR device. You must dodge saws in the VR world, which scrolls vertically and horizontally, and get to the goal there, while avoiding dangerous furniture in RL, which only scrolls horizontally. Switching from VR to RL is performed by holding X.
Play it here.
This game provides examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Level 3's intro messages states "It's just a game.".
- Everything Trying to Kill You: While in VR the only obstacles are saws, RL features stuff like ovens, fans, and scattered bits of LEGO.
- Have a Nice Death: The game is really snarky when it comes to dying. Touch a fan? "That was FANtastic!".
- Nintendo Hard: Trying to get past any level after level 6 will be very frustrating.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot at all. Just clearing levels in a VR platformer.
- Off with His Head!: Coming into contact with a fan results in decapitation.