This is the character page for the Unicorn Chronicles. Beware of unmarked spoilers!
Cara Diana Hunter/ Silverhoof
- Action Survivor: Although not an Action Girl, Cara has proven that she is a good fighter considering her age and relative inexperience. Technically she's only lost twice, both times to delvers.
- Ascended Fangirl: She dreamed about unicorns and having an adventure. Also worth noting that when Elihu offers her the chance to become a unicorn, part of her is very excited at the prospect.
- Chekhov's Gun: The amulet she carries is used by Elihu to turn her into a unicorn.
- Chekhov's Skill: The gift of tongues given to her by Firethroat is very useful.
- The Chick: Acts as a mediator in both group situations, and as an ambassador.
- The Chosen One: Is believed to be the one destined to bring an end to the Hunt.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Discussed in the final book, in that Cara notes that she can't just sit back while Beloved kills all the unicorns, regardless of how young she is.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her father is human, her mother is the daughter of a human and a unicorn who'd become human.
- How Do I Shot Web?:
- When fighting delver with her sword, Cara wishes that she had time to learn some actual techniques for using said sword.
- Happens again when she becomes a unicorn.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The series has been out for so long, it would be pretty hard not to get spoiled that Cara is related to Beloved.
- Meaningful Name: Diana is the goddess of the hunt.
- Ship Tease: Given a very subtle one with Lightfoot. Not that it's likely to come to anything, given that he's her cousin - his father Dancing Heart is her grandmother's brother.
- Tangled Family Tree: She's related to both Beloved and Arabella Skydancer.
- Chekhov's Skill: Has a knack for languages.
- Commonality Connection: He and Cara get along well because they're both young (or relatively so, in Lightfoot's case) and therefore don't expect too much of each other.
- Former Teen Rebel: He appears to have matured a great deal by the fourth book.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Unicorns have a special ceremony where some of them read signs from the water, sky and forest, and the last time this was done, it determined that Lightfoot was the next heir to the throne. Lightfoot himself, and his uncle Moonheart, both think he'd be terrible at the job, and Lightfoot himself avoids the rest of the court so they can't force him into accepting his status. Luckily for Lightfoot, it turns out that his aunt Flickerfoot, once she's restored to her true form, is the actual heir; she still calls him her heir afterward, which he is not happy about.
- The Leader: For all his claims that he would make a lousy leader, he does a very good job of being a leader to the group in the first book.
- Ship Tease: Has two. One with Cara who's also his cousin and one with Belle.