open/close all folders
Your basic colonists. Their job is to mine ore, carry supplies, and convert ore and starch into metal and bioplastics. Essentially, they perform hard labor.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Their spacesuits have blue highlights, while their default clothes are blue overalls with orange shirts.
- The Generic Guy: Strictly speaking, most of the roles they can perform are done better by other colonists or robots. Downplayed, though, because they are still the only colonists that can operate the processing stations needed to convert ore and starch into the metal and plastics that you need to build everything. Additionally, they are the only ones who have the ability to man radio consoles in the command center.
- Worker Unit: While all colonists and robots fulfil this role to some degree, Workers do the primary grunt-work of mining ore (unless they have been replaced with mining robots), carrying resources from one place to anohter (which can be done by any colonist, though carrier bots do so better than any human) and processing ore and starch into metal and bioplastics (which only they can do). Later on, they can man radio consoles in the Command Center, allowing you to respond to distress calls in orbit.
Colonists tasked with heavy manufacturing, construction, and maintenance.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The spacesuits have orange highlights, and their outfits consist of orange overalls with blue shirts (and thus the inverse of the workers' attire).
- The Engineer: It's in the name. Maintaining your base is their duty.
- Worker Unit: Their duty is to build new structures and facilities, repair existing structures, facilities, and robots, convert metal and bioplastic into finished products (semiconductors, guns, and spare parts), and manning telescope consoles. The latter two are the only tasks that cannot be done by other colonists or robots.
Colonists who ensure the production of food.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Their spacesuits have green highlights, while their normal outfits are white and green labcoats.
- Future Food Is Artificial: Downplayed - Biologists do create Artificial Meat via tissue synthesizers, but this is mostly because colonies do not have space to grow livestock. All plant based food is actually grown via hydroponics in biodomes.
- Worker Unit: Biologists maintain plants grown in Biodomes and tissue synthesizers used to create Artificial Meat in labs. Actual conversion of these resources into food is done by meal makers in Mess Halls, which can be used by any colonist.
Colonists who tend to other colonists who have become weak and injured.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: They wear red-tinged lab coats and have highlights on their spacesuits.
- The Medic: As the name suggests, they're here to heal your other colonists.
- Worker Unit: While they do heal other colonists, they also create medicine from medicinal plants and starch.
Colonists who guard other colonists. They are the only ones who normally carry guns and can monitor camera consoles to determine if intruders have entered the base.