The Reyes Family
Abran is the father of Cassia and Bram, the husband of Molly, and the son of Samuel. He works as a low class Official, but that does not stop him from putting the needs of his family first.
- Family Man: Even though he works in the government of the Society, he will sometimes break its laws to aid his family.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Abran is a low-ranking Official who is supportive of The Society. His father Samuel is a critic of The Society and encourages Cassia to rebel. Their differentiating political viewpoints do not get in the way of their father-son relationship.
- Last Request: He requests his son to destroy his DNA sample so the Society cannot use it to bring him back from death.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Samuel is a critic of the Society and encourages his granddaughter Cassia to rebel. His son Abran, on the other hand, is a low-ranking Official who is supportive of the Society. Despite this, he has a good relationship with his son.
Ky Finnow Markham
- Replacement Goldfish: Subverted. His cover story was that he was given to his aunt Aida and uncle Patrick as a young boy after his parents were killed to replace their son Mathew who was murdered by an escaped Anomoly. In reality, Matthew went missing in the Outer Provinces, and Ky who also lived in the Outer Provinces with his parents attempted to run away to The Carving after his parents were killed in an explosion. An Offical caught him and sent him to live with his aunt and uncle in the province Oria because he did not join the Rising with his parents and his entire village.
- Your Cheating Heart: He and Indie kiss while he is still in a relationship with Cassia. Worst of all, this happens while Cassia spends most of Crossed, trekking though The Carving to find Ky.
- Due to the Dead: Ky buries him and carves a fish on his gravestone.