when we let the world be only you
and only me
we stood on it while it spun
green and blue and red
"We have never had such a thing before — a whole night to talk, to kiss and hold on..."
- Cassia is Cosette: an innocent, sheltered girl whose worldview is challenged when she falls in love with a revolutionary.
- Ky is Marius: an intense, intellectual loner who feels conflicted about his dead father, but comes to admire him as a role model. He also falls in love with a girl at first sight, but hesitates for a long time before speaking to her.
- Indie is Eponine: a girl from the lowest class of Society who steals, lies, and does whatever it takes to survive - until she falls in love with a boy who can never love her back, and who means more to her than her own life.
- Xander is Enjolras: a gifted, charismatic young man who gives up a life of privilege in order to fight for his ideals, only to have them severely tested in the course of the revolution.
- Samuel Reyes is Jean Valjean: a former thief keeping his secrets from the authorities, and a wise and noble man who sees through their injustice but also knows how to use the system for the sake of his loved ones.
- The Officials, including Cassia's Official Standler, represent the harsh and inflexible letter of the law, just as Javert does.
- Eli is Gavroche: a tough little boy who looks up to his older friends as role models.
- The Archivist who hoards rare items in her underground den and steals Cassia's poems is an (only slightly) more civilized version of the Thenardiers.