- Treasure Planet features a gorgeous soundtrack. Particular mention goes to "The Launch", "Jim Saves The Crew" and "Silver Leaves".
- The Village's Oscar-nominated violin-filled score is absolutely gorgeous. The first name in the end credits is that of Hilary Hahn, the featured violinist.
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire: The music during the submarine launch is especially epic. Special mention needs to go to "The Crystal Chamber". It's quite possibly one of the most gorgeous tracks Howard has ever composed. Close runner-ups would be "The Secret Swim" and "Just Do It".
- The Last Airbender's "Flow Like Water" is a beautiful and epic track that is one of the redeeming features of the terrible film.
- Blood Diamond's gorgeous score uses African instruments and chants beautifully.
- The Fugitive had a powerful score to go with other virtues, with "Helicopter Chase" among them, earning him his second Oscar nomination.
- The Prince of Tides garnered him his first Oscar nomination. This emotional end title shows why.
Awesome Music / James Newton Howard