- From "Saga of a Star World", Adama and Tigh just before the Ambush at Cimtar begins: "We cannot launch [Colonel]; it has been expressly forbidden... However, this might be an very good time for 'battle stations drill'. ... Sound the alert, Colonel!"
- Adama to the Quorum of the Twelve at Carillon: "If you've all come to this Council... to turn your backs on the principles of our fathers and the Lords of Kobol from whom all colonies evolved, you do so with my utter CONTEMPT!"
- How about Starbuck and Apollo pulling a Guile Hero by tricking the Cylons into thinking they've got six squadrons about to attack them?
- This exchange:Cylon Leader: "All [fighters] destroyed? How? We took them by surprise!"Random Cylon: "Apparently, it was not as big a surprise as we had hoped for."
Apollo: Attention! Everybody listen to me! I want everybody to move quickly and orderly towards the exits! That is an order!Sire Uri: Nobody move! I'm in charge here!(Cylons run in blasting away)Sire Uri: Do what the man says! He's in charge!
- So a random toaster guard spoke back and lived. And then the Leader was destroyed. Also pretty funny.
- This line from the first episode, also counts as a CMoF.
- From "The Lost Planet of the Gods, Part 2", the fighter pilots are stricken with a virus, forcing inexperienced shuttle pilots to fly the Vipers. When a battle erupts and it looks like the Colonials don't have enough force to win, Col. Tigh turns on the bridge to find a group of the sick pilots standing there. This exchange follows:Boomer: Colonel, Blue Squadron reporting for duty, sir.Tigh: Lieutenant, obviously you can't even stand.Boomer: A Viper is flown from the seated position, sir."
- When Assualt 9 and the other prisoners stand up to the Enforcers in "The Long Patrol".
- From "Gun on Ice Planet Zero", Thane—who up to this point was a selfish ass—was rather impressive in his last act of defiance before he died. Managing to blow up several Cylons while they tried to interrogate him was pretty awesome.
- The Legendary Commander Cain, he even has his own Awesome Music, which plays throughout the "Living Legend" two-parter.Cain: Well, I do know how to win a battle.
- The scene were the two Basestars engage Pegasus. The Pegasus launches all her missiles at the basestars at point blank range. The Basestars go up in a huge explosion, blinding the Starbuck and Apollo, awesome.
- How about two vipers taking on "two" Cylon Basestar's so the Pegasus can get through them to Baltar's?
- From "The Man With Nine Lives", despite the fact that they're pretty much evil, the Borellian Nomen where kinda awesome in their own way.
- Apollo and Starbuck, standing up to and later taking on Count Iblis near the end of "War of the Gods". Even if they both technically lost to him.
- The end of "Greetings From Earth", Starbuck and Apollo slideing off a roof to take out two Enforcers, while Michael jumps a third outside the house. They enter the house, freeing Sarah, and capturing Leiter.
Commandant Leiter: We are the most advanced military force in the galaxy!Starbuck: Oh I believe it. That's what's so encouraging.
- Adama has a good one after the Quorum of Twelve vote to order Dr. Cottle to open the Terran cryotubes regardless of the risk to the Terrans. Cottle refuses and leaves. Adama says that he will remember this day that has "restored my faith that the human race is indeed worth saving."
- Though the best part would have to be when they group heads home. Leiter is still totally full of himself, sure of the Eastern Alliance's superiority, until they come into visual contact with Galactica and he sees the largest combat ship he's ever seen.
Alliance Pilot: Commandant, we are heading towards something bigger than anything I've ever seen.
- For those who haven't seen the episode in question: Leiter is convinced he has the most powerful warship around, in spite of being captured. Then he sees Galactica which is so big his 'most powerful' ship can land in its hanger bay.
- The final battle of the final episode, that is all.
Awesome / Battlestar Galactica (1978)