The follow up movie to K begins a year after the events of the anime. Kuroh and Neko are still looking for their king, the Gold King is missing as well, and Homra has disbanded.
The movies opens with Scepter 4 responding to an attack on the Gold clan's territory by the Green Clan. The Gold King proves to be absent and while his clansmen put up a fight, the tower is overrun. Members of the Red Clan become involved when the Green Clan targets Anna and things proceed to go downhill fast.
Tread carefully. Spoilers abound.
This movie provides examples of:
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Insistent Terminology: Fushimi's report on Anna's kidnapping has him refer to the Green Clan member as the masked clansman, Munakata however insists repeatedly that they're a ninja much to Fushimi's annoyance.
- Little Miss Badass: Anna as the new Red King
- Ninja: The green clan has one.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yata asking Fushimi for help to help find the kidnapped Anna.
- Rank Scales with Asskicking: The Blue King and Anna, the Red King throw considerable power around. The Green King almost destroys the Red Clan when he's not even physically present.
- Samus Is a Girl: The Green clan ninja, Douhan Hirasaka.
- Sequel Hook: HOMRA is back with Anna as the new Red King, the Dresden Slate is in Scepter 4's hands, the Green Clan has revealed itself and has begun to take an active role in the series, the Gold King dies, Shiro is alive, he's coming back and now he's determined to face life head on, and Kuroh and Neko finally confirm his survival. And let's not forget The Stinger, either. Whew!
- The Stinger: The Blue King's Sword of Damocles begins to deteriorate, with him calmly accepting the burden of keeping it from doing so any further, but also hinting at his turmoil for killing Mikoto—thus setting up the possibility of his stepping down/death in the future.