At issue:The Wesley as a trope has a number of issues.
- It is named after a character in an aging work.
- It fails the One Mario Limit.
- The Trope Namer is not solely known for the aspect described by this trope.
- It is partially dependent for its definition on Shilling The Wesley, a trope that bases its definition on this one.
- It is continually confused with The Scrappy.
- The term "Wesley" as used in this context is a TV Tropes creation and is not in widespread use outside the wiki.
- There is significant misuse in the form of wicks that refer to the character that is the Trope Namer.
- It has 927 wicks and 25,433 inbounds, so we must preserve the title (via redirect at least).