This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
I already did that...is there somewhere else besides the TV folder where it is?
Potholed in "their last appearance" in the TV folder.
For Fallen Creator, Fallout should be namespaced Also, for "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization, Monty Python's Life of Brian too.
edited 11th Jul '12 4:46:25 AM by EarlOfSandvich
I now go by Graf von Tirol.
Edit: Nevermind, the wick I wanted to be changed is in a locked archive.
edited 11th Jul '12 6:03:14 AM by LordGro
Let's just say and leave it at that.
Got it. According to Eddie, there are only 24 pages on the wiki with ptitle markup left. I've hit 2 of them since then.
Yeah, but you made it into a Blue Link in the process.
That's a wiki software thing. Eddie has to go back and force it to be a redlink again.
Folks, editing fake redlinks blueshifts them. That's why they are locked; you need to ask Eddie to reset This Troper now (or create a redlinker tool that doesn't blueshift when edited. And is mod-available, perhaps as well)
Huh...I wonder why that is. Request is in.
edited 11th Jul '12 9:20:37 AM by Willbyr
I apologize - I was not aware of this. :( I just figured I would point it out so it could be fixed. :/
No big deal, it's already fixed...still curious as to why it happens in the first place.
I now go by Graf von Tirol.
That is done.
TV Tropes' very wikibot
On these pages (excluding archives, as usual), Order Of The Stick has to be changed to Webcomic.The Order Of The Stick. Be careful with the additional "the".