Alright, so I spoke up of some ideas, and then several people have begun spinning their own ideas, to the point where a simple idea that I wasn’t going to go for became apparently something I was going to do. So, I decided to actually write up this sign up and see where it goes. The basic setup is that, where as the original JTTM
followed the setup of Kamen Rider Decade with the heroes going through multiple worlds and meeting characters within those worlds, this RPG will follow the setup of its Sentai counterpart, Gokaiger. In which the action is focused only on Earth and the heroes fight with those crossover characters acting as mentors, those who approve of them and entrust upon them their own powers. There’s other similarities to Gokaiger I shall draw, but for now, you people want a story, right? Here you go.
This is also an interest check, by the way.
We read, play, watch, listen, and enjoy many of the entertaining stories that have been given to us. None of us know, however, that these stories actually exist as different worlds, just as most of them were unaware of our existence. Only a select few know about the idea of alternate universes and even fewer have even managed to travel to these worlds. Balancing the multiverse are three different aspects: Hope, Dream, and Despair. Ruling over those three are the three Deities: Cosmos, Helios, and Chaos. Each of them are formed by the aspects that humanity shared. Cosmos was made out of the willpower and determination of humankind, Helios was created from the imaginations and creativity that their younglings produce, and Chaos was consumed by the insanity and sadness that all of humanity suffer.
Throughout the years, Chaos felt all the sadness and anguish that befell upon many people. At first, he felt saddened as well, but soon... he relished in it. His newfound love for the torment that people face corrupted the once noble deity and soon, he was purposefully causing people to fall into despair. Cosmos and Helios tried to reason with him, but it was too late. His lust for despair had caused him to desire all life to suffer equally, with no hopes or dreams to be had. He set off to attack Earth, hoping for it to be his first target in a long line of despair-filled planets.
Left with no other choice, Cosmos extended her reach to the multiverse and asked many heroes in the worlds for help. In trade for their assistance, Cosmos would put copies of the heroes in their place. Some of these heroes took upon the call, while others preferred to stay in their world. To the latter, Cosmos offered them a solution: Cosmos would take their powers, copy them into tiny keys called Power Keys, and hand them over to a person on Earth, entrusting them with the power to fight. Some of these people complied and handed to her a copy of their powers.
Chaos, however, caught wind of this and decided to bring along his own team, composed of many villains from the multiverse, as well as copying their powers and giving them to several earthlings. Helios was told to stay out of the fight, as he believed that Chaos still has good in him, and if he was involved, would try to help him if just to try and heal him. Cosmos placed her team two months before Chaos would attack. Some hid their identities to avoid being spotted by Earth’s denizens, while others milked on the idea that they’re famous on Earth. Some of them made contact with the people on Earth and even made friends with some of them, others stood by, trained, and waited for Chaos’ attack.
And on the dawn of December 1st, 2012, that time has come. Now the fate of the Earth shall be decided.
The Core Three Rules:
- No God-modding or Power-Playing. This means no Autokills/Autohits and no autododging/being apparently immortal. This also means no powers that call for those, obviously. If you're not sure what is limited, feel free to see the restricted powers below.
- No sexual situations. If there is need for one, it must both be consensual, with both parties being at or above the age of consent (in this case, 18), and has a Fade to Black.
- No arguments, especially with stuff that can pretty much be summed up as “My dad can beat up your dad”.
The Other Rules:
- You can play up to four characters initially. This equates to two people in each faction. The limit will be lifted when the time calls for it.
- Someone asked me if I have a scale for power... I've decide that anything over Super Weight: 3 might be pushing it for the first arcs.
Notes and Other Such Info:
- Unlike the other JTTM RPG, you don't have to play a Self Insert. You could just play an OC. Or a Canon character. Or what have you.
- Translator Microbes in this RPG are magically gifted to the canon characters by Chaos/Cosmos.
- Immortality (Obvious)
- Telekensis (Silver the Hedgehog shows us why)
- Time Stop (Dio Brando shows us why)
- Mind Control (Big no-no)
Sign Up Info:
- Kind: (Is your character an OC or a canon character?)
- Powers: (Basically what powers they have, if they have a copied power, state who they got it from)
- Side: (What side are you fighting for? So far there’s Cosmos and Chaos, but Helios will come in later in the game.)
- World of Origin:
- Personality: (How would this character act)
- Bio: (A little backstory of how your character is shaped to the personality listed above. In the case of the Canon characters, you might also wanna describe how they got to Earth and what they're up to before the RPG begins.)
edited 10th Jul '13 7:21:41 AM by Psyga315