Figured we need a new thread. This thread is for cleaning up pages the P5 have found to have problematic material. List is here. You can also report pages that appear too lewd or gushy here. They will be cleaned according to No Lewdness, No Prudishness.
For the record, the cleanup guidelines (since sending people around links is not efficient) are:
No Lewdness:"Lewdness" is more than just being about something sexual or potentially sexual. Here are some signs of lewd writing:
- Personal opinions on hotness. Examples should stand on their own without the introduction of YMMV material. Adding your own thoughts and feelings on an example is an opinion, same as calling an example good or bad. Don't do it. Don't try and extend your feelings to a larger group of fans either, e.g. "...and fangirls everywhere rejoiced". You're not fooling anyone.
- Overly detailed examples. The example doesn't need to be an exact sensory account of the event. Too much of that and you end up sounding like you're writing porn. When in doubt, drop a few adjectives.
- Unrelated fanservice mentions. If the hot bits aren't related to the example, they don't belong in the example.
- Pornographic writing. If you're writing porn, it should be somewhere other than the wiki. Keep it Family Friendly.
- Titillation links. Tell, don't show. We don't need screen shots to illustrate NSFW fanservice. If a reader is really curious, they can go look it up on Google. (See also Weblinks Are Not Examples.)
- Pedo gushing. We don't need to describe children sexually. This should be cut immediately. We're not interested in hosting pedophilia fantasies. Period. If a work contains children having sex, even if portrayed negatively, delete it as well.
- Talking about actors instead of characters. An actor is not the character they play. When you're writing an example about a work, refer to the character, not the actor. This applies to non-sexual references, but too often it's tropers writing about how they find certain actors hot. That doesn't fit in character examples.
- Thinking a page with a Not Safe for Work subject is license to be lewd. Even when we discuss porn, we are about just stating the facts.
- Fanfic Recs for underage sex. We will not host any recommendation for fics that have explicit sex involving people apparently or actually younger than 16. Period. We categorically do not recommend fics with sex in which at least one participant:
- This applies even if all parties are underage.
- Don't cutlist or gut pages just because they're about sexual topics. Sex exists. It's used in media a lot. You'll just need to cope with that fact. Relationships, fanservice, and sexual activity all fall into their own tropes as a result.
- Don't be a Bluenose Bowdlerizer. We're not looking to censor all sex off the wiki. If the sex and sexuality is an honest part of the work and relevant to the example, it belongs there.
- The wiki is not rated G. We aren't sanitizing the wiki for small children. Sex and sexuality are part of media and we aren't going to ignore them. This wiki is Family Friendly, not Unsupervised Small Child Friendly. This isn't an excuse to make work pages dirtier than the work itself, as the above No Lewdness section makes clear, but neither is it an excuse to make those pages cleaner than the work itself.
edited 19th Jun '12 3:52:33 PM by SeptimusHeap
For those who are curious (like I was), the P5 are a group of people who are working on cleaning the Wiki of objectionable content. P5 means "Panel Preventing Perversity, Pornography and Paedoshit".
OT: Is there a wiki page anywhere explaining all this new policy? I know that, but wiki policies get pages and not posts. Sandbox.What Is Porn is the only thing I can find about that (apropos, where does doscussion about this go? To the About Content Violations Discussions thead?)
edited 6th May '12 6:58:53 AM by SeptimusHeap
TV Tropes' Sonic Wiki Curator
Well, this isn't a wiki page, but here's that post BobbyG made explaining the new Content Policy.
The Immodest Orgasm was TRS-shopped for lewdness, and I see quite a lot of issues there.
My Balls. Also, I hate the name of that manga, it makes trying to talk about it impossible.
edited 8th May '12 11:32:32 AM by Discar
I fixed up the trope names, moved Foe Yay to YMMV, and cleaned the Power Perversion Potential entry a bit but that's it. Oh, and I deleted a NSFW link. Not sure what I should do with the Naughty Tentacles entry. Should I just out-right delete it? Also I think that the page doesn't go into too much detail about the naughty bits, but I think someone else should double check. I'm a bit desensitized. On second thought, the term Shotacon and the Cute Shotaro Boy entries could be problematic. I'll delete them since the guy in question is girlish looking rather than young, but feel free to disagree with me. Also, he's 15. Oh, Septimus Heap, be sure to fix your post about the guidelines especially the part about no pedogushing. Lolita was restored, so you should remove that example.
edited 8th May '12 12:16:27 PM by encrypted12345
The mods are discussing bringing back Naughty Tentacles as a stub, so leave that alone for now.
"In distress", my ass.
^ Would've been nice to know before I zapped them...
That title is not coming back, for sure.
likes the cheeses.
@Discar: I don't know what you're talking about, there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking people to clean up My Balls.
sick of it all
Cleaned up My Balls
Did you make sure to clean My Balls thoroughly? My Balls seem to need a lot of attention last time I looked.
Reality is that, which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-Philip K. Dick
-Philip K. Dick
Thanks. You removed a lot of Plot details, but they were pretty raunchy plot details. I left them alone since they didn't go into too much unnecessary detail, but if you see a reason to cut them, I have no real reason to object.
the flies will find you
@11 but the trope itself might be coming back no? Just under a new name? So leaving in the redlink would be helpful for rename purposes no?
before the darkness arrives
sick of it all
These are the first on the P5 list:
likes the cheeses.
Anime.Agent Aika was flagged for content review by the P5. While it does not to be a series that would qualify under the "Primarily Porn" or "Pandering to Pedophiles" guidelines (and was thus zapped from the queue), the work page is overly gushy in regards to the fanservice elements of the series. If anyone is willing to give this page a once over and de-gushification, I would appreciate it.
I'm surprised no one bothered until now. Anyways, I deleted the page image and removed most of the gushing about panties. I left some of it alone, so the page can stay a little bit snarky.
Are there any such guidelines written down yet? If so, where?
You want No Lewdness, No Prudishness for this.
edited 20th May '12 5:05:24 PM by DarkConfidant
likes the cheeses.
By guidelines I was referring to "criteria for the panel to cut the page". If you are asking about cleanup guidelines, check the link Dark Confidant provided for you.
You gotta get yourself some marble columns
What Is Porn is unofficial, but I've yet to hear anything official outright contradicting it.
The child is father to the man —Oedipus
What Is Porn, baby don't cut me, don't cut me, no more...