Cleaning up : Anime Tropes get usage counts
- Love Bubbles - Japanese visual trope
- Closet Sublet - general, looks like it needs a bit of work
- Human Hummingbird - I would have said Japanese visual trope, but if shimaspawn is certain he's seen it elsewhere, then general drawn trope works
- Public Bathhouse Scene - a result of a TRS thread on broadening Furo Scene (although it still needs work), so general
- Yoshi's Flutter Kick arguably does this.
- Chun Li's definitely does.
edited 1st Mar '12 2:39:54 AM by Raso
- Lightning Glare (I've only seen this in Anime/Manga, but I want to be sure that's where it actually originated)
- Patient Childhood Love Interest (romance trope, no clue on origin)
- "Silly Me" Gesture (may need TRS for broadening)
- Sleep Mode Size (originated in Japan?)
- Transfer Student Uniforms
- Shy Finger-Twiddling - just came out of TRS, still anime specific?
- Lightning Glare - I'm confident I've seen this in early-20th-century Western comic strips, can't provide a specific example
- Patient Childhood Love Interest - dunno
- "Silly Me" Gesture - Japanese body language, haven't seen it in this specific codified form elsewhere
- Sleep Mode Size - Seems to be Japanese Visual Arts Tropes in origin
- Transfer Student Uniforms - I think this is a Japanese cultural thing; in most other countries with school uniforms, if you don't have the right uniform yet you just wear regular clothes
- Shy Finger-Twiddling - the specific gesture originally covered is pretty specifically Japanese, but people seem intent on broadening it to cover other gestures too
edited 24th Apr '12 7:54:43 AM by lebrel
- She can visit his house unannounced, (a taboo.) have a great relationship with the guy's family, even wake the guy up in the morning (which is something real sisters do in V Ns and Harem Genre shows for some reason. This element gets parodied and such a lot) sleepover privileges.
- First Name Basis or maybe even use the Onii Chan
- Usually worries about the guy, gives him advice, bosses him around and that kind of thing.
- Likes to cook a lunch for the guy, (we have a trope for Love Interests School Lunch somewhere right?).
- They will get lampshades that "they might as well be married" the parents of both will very likely be Shipper on Deck.
- The guy will never think about them being in a relationship. The girl might think about it but never come out and say it.
edited 24th Apr '12 12:06:09 PM by Raso
edited 8th May '12 10:07:36 PM by Deboss