This is an RP based on the Monster Rancher
series of games. If you're not familiar with it, then I'm sorry to say that this RP isn't really for you. In order to get the most out of this RP, you're going to want a working knowledge of at least one game in the series.
Setup and Da Rules
Given the somewhat... mutable nature of the Monster Rancher canon, we'll be going with rules that look somewhat like this:
- In this continuity, monsters can communicate freely with humans, like they could in the TV show and the first few games.
- We are, however, using the later games' views on monster lifespan—they are long-lived (30-50 years, if not longer) but have a short fighting career (5-10 years).
- Any monster throughout the series is fair game, including "retired" ones like Dino and Undine. You may also use any version of a sub-breed you like if there are multiple variations (especially with regards to the first two games vs. the later ones).
- In this RP, Combined monsters retain memories of their past existences (taken from the show), so it's sort of an Nth Doctor situation.
This RP will be taking place in the fictional
Tropes (Pronounced "Troh-pess") International League Monster Association (TILMA), a new "region" recently founded as a coalition by members of the other leagues. They're based in the (also fictional
) city of Tropes. This league was founded to attempt combing the best aspects of monster raising from all the other leagues, so it offers small shrines dedicated to Saucer Stone, Tablet, and Magic Spell resurrection. It has a nice freezing and combing lab, which uses some rather experimental new technology in order to maximize combining possibilities. Because the current members are all from various other leagues, they use the training techniques they are most familiar with. Of course, adventures are available, and places like the Kalagari Jungle, Promiass Ruins, and Kawrea Volcano are breeder favorites.
In other words, the MR equivalent of a Mary Suetopia
, or at the very least, one that allows for the largest variety of plot conveniences.
- General RP ettiquette applies here: Don't try to control other people's characters, try not to be overpowered, etc.
- I guess we'll do this in prose style, I.E. write like you're writing a story. So "The Mocchi went over to the tree and gave it a strong Punch, hoping to shake some Mangoes down."
- I made this, but there is no real "GM." The plot flows where it will. Any person may create NP Cs or opponents or whatever. This is more of a freeform RP.
- You may have up to 1 human Breeder and, if you choose, 1 Breeder's Assistant. (Assistant optional.)
- You can have as many monster characters as you like, but you can have no more than 3 of them "out" at any time. You can play however many you can handle, but I'm setting a limit both in-line with the games and because I know from experience that playing more than 5 characters in a single RP post is waaaaay too convoluted.
Just post here. A small bio of your character/first monster, in whatever form you like, would be nice, though. You can add monsters later if you like, though.
edited 21st Jan '11 12:54:34 PM by FreezairForALimitedTime