- Demonic Spiders: Berserkers, Grunts (fast, Made of Iron, like to berserk and Deadly Lunge) Heavy Hovertanks and Light Tanks.
- Goddamned Bats: Certain flying enemies.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The "Stroggification" scene. Kane's only reaction to the whole thing is remaining completely silent and only momentarily emitting the same grunting sound, that sounds more like someone getting beat with a stick than someone being brutally mutilated. It might push it into Nightmare Retardant territory.
- The Strogg also like using dismembered human corpses (or dismembered living people) as decorations, as areas in this game and it's canonical predeccesor shows. It gets worse: they use them as batteries.
- Player Punch: The Stroggification of Voss, and Anderson's death at the hands of a Scientist.
- That One Boss: Voss's Stroggified self, who's just about as deadly as the Makron. Made of Iron, fast for his size, armed with Rocket Launchers and a Dark Matter Gun, can summon Mooks, and recharges his health up to three times. It takes a lot to bring him down, even at Training Level! And what's more, it doesn't help that he's a Tragic Monster.
YMMV / Quake IV
Quake I - Quake II - Quake III: Arena - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Quake Champions See also: