- Awesome Animation: The animation is one of the reasons this series is so popular. The character designs look like they could have been designed by the Sonic Team themselves, and the fight scenes are amazingly epic.
- Awesome Music: Being a fanimation of a series famous for this, the series uses songs from various games in the series to its fullest potential to make the action much more awesome.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Super Mario Bros. Z, another Dragon Ball-inspired fan animation prominently featuring Sonic characters. Chakra X himself considers Alvin-Earthworm a Friendly Rival.
- HSQ: High to start with, then increases with each episode.
- Moral Event Horizon: Nazo killing Tails. Also a big Tear Jerker.
- What is supposed to be a sad moment in Tails' death ends up being hilarious when the "Sonic!" line used for the moment is dramatically under-acted and whiny. This is probably the reason why it was changed to "Forgive me Sonic..." in the redux versions.
- The sampled and recut voice acting can sound really awkward and forced at points throughout the original trilogy. This is one of the reasons why Chakra-X has stated he wants actual voice actors recording new, original dialogue for the sequel.
- Perfect Nazo's voice can be this to some. While he was supposed to sound intimidating, the effect is midgated slightly due to the fact that he speaks so low and softly that it can be rather hard to understand what he's actually saying at points, especially when the the music starts to kick in.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some had this reaction to Nazo Unleashed DX changing some of the music from the original, most notably using "Egg Nega Wisp Phase 2" in place of the DBZ "Super Saiyan theme" for Sonic and Shadow's Hyper Form Fusion Dance scene.
The Wrath Of Nazo:
- Broken Base:
- While it comes with the territory of being Sonic related and all, there seems to be a solid camp of fans who want Silver to be added to the story while there's an equal amount of people who want him to stay as far away from the sequel as possible.
- With Chakra-X saying he wants to tone down the DBZ elements of the original for the sequel, there's been some debate over whether or not Shadic should return. Being a blatant homage to the DBZ Fusion Dance, there's a camp that says he wouldn't fit in with the theme and thus likely shouldn't be in, while the other camp just wants to see Shadic back in action again, especially with the animation quality of the sequel being taken Up to Eleven.
- While Chakra-X's decision to have actual voice acting in lieu of edited voice clips was praised, there are many who wish Sonic's voice actor would sound more like Ryan Drummond, whose voice clips were exclusively used for the original trilogy.
- Most Wonderful Sound: Amoung the many things people are pleased with in regards to the sequel is the change to actual voice actors instead of recutting dialogue from the games. People are especially impressed with SpiritOfTheBlue's take on Sonic and Kyle Boyle's take on Eggman, both of whom manage to sound almost exactly like the then current voice actors for them, respectfully.