- Acceptable Targets:
- Homophobes and racists are frequently destroyed by Jack in Your Grammar Sucks.
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Nicki Minaj
- Ray William Johnson tends to get a fair degree of vitriol due to his content. He similarly targets Sam Pepper, albeit for both different content and allegations launched against Sam.
- More affectionately, Jack repeatedly targets Olga Kay and her grammar ("Oh Olga!") PewDiePie, Matthew Santoro, Tyler Oakley, and iJustine. In some cases, they join in with the bashing.
- Jaden Smith and his tweets.
- Accidental Innuendo: See Squick further down the page.
- Awesome Music:
- Dubstep Solves Everything. All three of them.
- Any of the YGS raps.
- For your consideration, Ayo Boi.
- Broken Base: "Reacting to an awful react channel split the base, due to Jack watching a reaction video of YGS #99 note , with some feeling that Jack was a little harsh and others feeling that he had a valid point in calling said channel out. Things have calmed down a bit since, with Jack clarifying in an interview that he had nothing against Jinx personally and liked him, but disapproved of said channel's methods.
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- The amount of people that cannot spell "rapper" is disturbing and funny.
- "If you don't like Christmas, you're probably a Jew / And I don't want nothing to do with you..."
- Ear Worm:
YGS: Help me... clean up YouTube! If you see a bad, bad comment take a screencap of it, and send it my way, via Twitter or my Facebook fanpaaage!
- The outro jingles for YGS, JackAsk, and YIAY.
Jackask: So ask me your questions/and I will ignore them/'Cause I'm a jackask/A big fat freakin' jackask.
YIAY: Leave your answers in the comments below, I'll pick my favorites in the next episode of YIAY.
The News in Haikus
- Any of the PMS music videos/songs. Notable examples include "Razors in Your Apples", "Take Off Your Clothes (Like Scarlett Johansson)", "#ChristmasMiracle", "Raping VS Rapping" and "You're VS Your", and "Christmas is my favourite freaking holiday".
- The News in Haikus series is full of this.
My personal gift to you
Thank you for the views
A boy. A hero. A never-ending throbbing friendship... I love my daddy!
- The anime theme song from YIAY
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- All of Jack's fakey-douchey behavior towards Kristen, now that they've broken up (though it was supposedly on good terms). This also applies to the fake breakup videos, such as "Jackbuscus".
- The 'poor brian' Running Gagnote , now that an actual Brian has been Killed Off for Real. He came back to life later, but still.
- "Take Off Your Clothes (Like Scarlett Johansson)" sees Jack and other YouTubers making fun of Scarlett Johansson's nude leaks, going so far as to blame her for it for various reasons. Then people's nudes getting leaked to the internet became a major problem for people across the country.
- In YGS 20, one of the episodes featuring Tobuscus, one of the comments is "Toby is an awesome raper", which played off of the neverending "raping/rapping" Running Gag. Bit hard to rewatch considering the rape allegations that Toby has gotten himself into nowadays..
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Jack often used "Damn, that's almost 100!" as a Brick Joke in various YGS sketches. Nowadays, the series... is.
- Ho Yay:
- A bit in YGS #51, where he and his guest are drinking while repeatedly staring at each other in the eye, and at one point receiving a drink by having it go from the guest's mouth into his. Played for Laughs.
- In #50, Jack gives a kiss to one of his male guests on the cheek, and a few times PewDiePie gets a bit close to him. Again, Played for Laughs to the point that the latter's the source of several outtakes because neither Jack nor Felix could keep a straight face.
- Christmas Miracle, which features an all-male pillow fight, among other things.
- Is he skateboarding still? WHO CARES. He's rich enough to get off his really tight ass and just make some more Tony Hawk vidya gamez.
- Memetic Mutation: A light switch.
- Narm: Most of the comments in the YGS would be heartwarming, deliberately funny, sad or downright scary... but they contain so many misspellings that they just become laughable.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The ending of "'LYMPIC GAMES. 'LYMPIC GAMES." where Jack runs into the green screen and it suddenly cuts to his bloody face◊ screaming at the viewer. Definitely a Jump Scare.
- The Top 10 YouTubers video is also pretty disturbing. It starts off well, with 10, 9, and 8 being PewDiePie. When it hits 7, he starts chanting "They're all PewDiePie," complete with Jack's Sanity Slippage and creepy obsession with him. He puts on lipstick, scribbles "Mrs. Jack PewDiePie" on paper, and finally, shoots himself, with blood coming out, spelling the said chant. What saves it from being downright hell is the Mood Whiplash ending.
- His YouTube impersonation video, while for the most part funny, has an "impersonation" of Sam Pepper which is just creepy.
- In the "motivational quotes" episode of YIAY, Jack comes across a comment saying "The darkness is coming". Not only does he read it with the Voice of the Legion, but there are multiple Jacks layered over one another, and the video's color has been tinted red.
- This unsettling DeviantArt picture◊ of Jack's Twitter profile picture◊ with Jack's eyes covered with skin and his mouth turned into a bunch of gaping holes.
- Shocking Swerve: Some comments have ended up on YGS not because of bad grammar or spelling, but rather because of a random ending or conclusion that is entirely irrelevant and comes out of nowhere.
- Spiritual Licensee: There's no shortage of comments on how YIAY is basically "World's Worst" or "Scenes from a Hat" from Whose Line Is It Anyway?, especially when they're like this.
- Jack points out that the amount of people who can't spell "rapper" and instead type "raper" is rather worrying. It truly falls into this trope, however, when people make this mistake with things which would otherwise be innocent and heartwarming. One of the worst examples would be that of a picture of a child being wrapped up, with the tagline "I raped my sister so she will be quiet"... yeah...
- A few younger users show that their age is partly to blame, if it's any consolation; at least a few times the named and shamed have their age typed. For example "I'm a rap(p)er and I'm 8 peace".
- To put this in context, this happened so often Jack had material to write a song about it.
- Tear Jerker:
- YGS #99. At the start, we learn that this will be the last song in the series and it is implied that number 100 will be the final episode.note Jack then treats us to a medley of all previous songs in the series, evoking nostalgic feels. And for his final act, Jack sings a melancholy, heartfelt reprise of the outro jingle. The video ends on a white background with the caption, "See you at 100." Millions of biches cried immediately.
- YGS 100, while mostly an example of a different kind of moment, his reveal that it would be the last special YGS is this. It could also qualify as a Bittersweet Ending, because it means he'll have more time to work on PMS.