YMMV: From Here to Eternity
- He Really Can Act: This was Frank Sinatraís first foray into serious acting after plenty of musicals.
- Memetic Mutation: Every movie or TV show that has featured an oceanside love scene has been assumed to be paying Homage to this film.
- Moral Event Horizon: Staff Sgt. Judson beating Maggio to death.
- Never Live It Down: An urban legend has since arisen that Sinatra got his Oscar-winning part thanks to his mob connections. That hasnít been proven, but it did inspire the Johnny Fontane storyline in The Godfather.
- Ernest Borgnine, while filming Marty, went into the Bronx to get into character for the role. While there, just walking around, he was harrassed badly by some local toughs who were enraged that Borgnine's character in From Here to Eternity, Sgt. Judson, had killed Frank Sinatra's character. He was only able to calm them down by explaining that in reality, he was good friends with Sinatra, as well as being a fellow Italian-American.