(b. 1963) is a retired American Professional Wrestler
, martial artist and MMA
trainer from Annville, PA who competed for WWE
first as a Jobber
in 1988 (see Badass
below) and then full-time from 1997-2002. He debuted in 1986 and first worked for Stampede Wrestling in Calgary. He made a surprise return/debut on the November 3, 1997 Raw
, coming out of the crowd to rescue Vader
from the Hart Foundation. His first match was as the replacement for the Patriot
on Team USA (Vader/Goldust
/"Marvelous" Marc Mero
) against Team Canada (Davey Boy Smith
/Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
/Doug Furnas/Phil LaFon) at Survivor Series 1997.
Over the course of his WWE run, he would hold the WWE Hardcore Title
six times. He retired in 2002 after his contract ran out.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
Not to be confused with Scary Black Man
"The Lethal Tropes":
- Badass/Determinator: In Real Life, he almost died after contracting malaria and dysentery while wrestling in South Africa. He not only recovered, but the martial arts that would help cement his gimmick in the WWE, helped him with his physical therapy.
- Badass Beard/Badass Mustache
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Al Snow.
- The Bus Came Back: For the "Raw 15th Anniversary Battle Royal," on the December 10, 2007 episode. Flash Funk eliminated Blackman, and himself in the process.
- He also appeared on an episode of the JBL and Cole Show.
- The Comically Serious: He loosened up when he entered the hardcore division. "It's party time!" doubled as a Catch Phrase and a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner, as it would set up him beating the hell out of his opponents with weapons en route to his winning the match.
- Cool Shades: While teaming with Grandmaster Sexay.
- Finishing Move: Bicycle Kick, Dragon Sleeper, Cross-armbreaker, Guillotine Choke
- Hired Gun: For Vince McMahon briefly in 1999 against former Corporation member Ken Shamrock.
- I Know Shotokan Karate: and escrima, and tae kwon do, and pro wrestling.
- Ignore the Fanservice: Defended the WWE Hardcore Title against Albert (w/Trish Stratus) on the October 5 (taped October 3), 2000 WWE SmackDown!. Trish started taking off her coat to distract Blackman, who proceeded to drown her in fire extinguisher spray, and then did the same to Albert, en route to winning the match after a flying kendo stick shot.
- One Steve Limit: Pun aside. Averted, since "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and, later, Stevie Richards were both there during his run.
- Only Sane Man: At Survivor Series 99, he was on a team with wrestling porn star Val Venis, "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry and wrestling vampire Gangrel.
- Red Baron: "The Lethal Weapon".
- Red Herring Shirt: His return/debut, after a nine-year absence, and actually getting a push when he had only ever been a jobber before.
- Start My Own: His training school, BlackmanMMA, and his Blackman Fighting Systems promotion.
- The Stoic: He didn't talk much. But when he did and said his Catch Phrase, chances are that someone was get beaten up badly.
- Straight Man: To everyone, but especially Grand Master Sexay and Al Snow.
- Tag Team: Head Cheese, with Al Snow.
- Weapon of Choice: So many choices… he mainly used a pair of kama for his ring entrances, but he's also used kendo sticks and esckrima sticks. He even whipped out nunchucks on Kurt Angle.