Wrestling: Buzz Sawyer
Bruce Woyan (1959-1992) was an American Professional Wrestler from St. Petersburg, Florida as "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer. He was, as should be evident, known for his crazy antics. He primarily competed for various National Wrestling Alliance territories in the Southeast (Georgia, Florida, Alabama) but also in the Pacific Northwest promotion in Portland and in Vancouver, as well as for World Class Championship Wrestling in Dallas, the World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico, for New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, WWE and for WCW. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a World Class Television Champion, an NWA Southeastern Television Champion and an NWA National Heavyweight Champion. He died of a drug overdose on February 7, 1992 at the age of 32.As usual, you can find the basics about his life and career at The Other Wiki.
"Mad Dog Tropes":
- Animal Motif
- Arch-Enemy: TOMMY RICH, for starters. They had an epic, bloody feud in Georgia. The Road Warriors, after Buzz left the Legion of Doom.
- Ax-Crazy: Known for being a loose cannon in the ring who was prone to snapping, and who might randomly decide he'd rather hurt his opponent than win the match.
- Bald of Evil: He was bald on top, and he was not a nice guy in any sense of the word.
- Bash Brothers: With his brother Brett, Matt Borne, Kevin Sullivan
- Beard of Evil: Grew a patchy but full beard.
- Chained by Fashion: Sometimes wore a chain around his neck like a leash to go with his Mad Dog/Bulldog gimmick.
- Early Installment Weirdness: When he began wrestling he was a clean cut, slender babyface with a full head of curly hair.
- Finishing Move: Powerslam, Flying Splash
- Hard Head: While attending Dixie Hollins High School, where he was on the wrestling team, he would hammer nails with his forehead at half time during the football games.
- Laughing Mad: Oh gosh, just watch this clip. It's the same one used for Noodle Incident on Sullivan's page. Buzz starts ranting about muscleheads and truck drivers before he completely loses track of whatever point he was trying to make and goes back to laughing.
- One Mario Limit: WWE renamed him "Bulldog" Buzz Sawyer because Mad Dog Vachon was in the promotion at the time.
- Power Stable:
- Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness in Florida
- The Legion of Doom in Georgia
- The Pringle Dynasty
- The J-Tex Corporation in 1989-1990 NWA/WCW, with Terry Funk, the Great Muta and Dragon Master (Kendo Nagasaki) and led by "Playboy" Gary Hart.
- Sullivan's Slaughterhouse, with Kevin Sullivan and Cactus Jack.
- Punny Name: "Buzz Saw-yer," anyone?
- Wrestling Family: His brother Brett and son Travis.