- Narm: Mike attacking his mini fridge.
- Nightmare Fuel: We've only just begun...
- Spoiled by the Format: Averted. By the time Enslin seemingly escapes 1408, enough time has passed to make the viewer think this actually might be the ending, along with showing some character development to make it feel like less of a cop-out.
- Uncanny Valley: The voice from the phone is impeccably perfect and polite, but towards the end the phone starts to melt and the voice accordingly starts to distort...
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Oh, come on! Every single thing that happens in Room 1408 seems a scary Disney Acid Sequence. Lampshaded in the story, when Enslin compares it to a bad trip and worries that the events are really just a hallucination caused by the cognac being dosed..
- The Woobie: Enslin.