- All the scenes involving Mike and his daughter, in particular the visions of her in 1408, begging him to let her stay with him forever and not to let the room take her back - and then she falls limp as he's hugging her and crumbles to ash a moment later.
NO! NO! You can't take her twice!
- Best summed up in just one line: "Daddy... don't you love me anymore?"
- A small scene is when Mike goes on a date with Lily after The Room tricks him into thinking he's left. It seems like things are going pretty well, but then Enslin asks if he and Lily could try again to be a couple. Lily sadly turns down his offer...
- Mike going to interact with his senile father, after giving him immense crap all his life.
- Mike's relationship with Lily is depressing. The two were Happily Married...but then when Katie's illness occurred and then passed away, the two argued and eventually Mike left her without a reason what so ever. No wonder she's so disappointed when Mike contacts her while in the room.
- Worse is during the false hood of the Room tricking him into thinking he left: When he and Lily interact at the beach from earlier in the movie, she asks why did he leave. His response? "Because each time I looked at you, I saw her". Sniff.