Western Animation: Quasi at the Quackadero
Quasi at the Quackadero is a 1975 animated cartoon by Sally Cruikshank.The short revolves around "ducks" named Quasi and Anita (the latter played by Cruikshank herself), and their pet robot Rollo as they visit the Quackadero, a strange place where the amusements revolve around time travel. Among the mad things that happen are an apparently fabricated "shining moment", five actors faking being past lives of Quasi, and the trio having their thoughts painted.Yeah, it's that kind of cartoon.There is also a sequel called Make Me Psychic, where Anita buys a device that can make matter obey her will. It's just as deranged.Sally Cruikshank has uploaded the whole thing to YouTube, so you can catch the madness here.
Tropes found in this short:
- Elmer Fudd Syndrome: Anita seems to have a mild case of this.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Quasi.
- Informed Species: You wouldn't know those were ducks if you weren't told so. The cartoon's aversion of Four-Fingered Hands and use of Feather Fingers doesn't help, either.
- Mind Screw: Every single second.
- Nipple and Dimed: Averted in the part of the "Shining Moment" scene where the duck walks into the room as a naked female duck, with her nipples in plain view.
- Offstage Villainy: Quasi is described throughout the short as "evil", but there is no evidence to back this up beyond him being lazy and being a bit of a Jerkass.