Western Animation: Matt Hatter Chronicles
For generations, the Hatter family screened movies, not realising that the book known as the Chronicles were releasing the villains into another dimension known as the Multiverse. Defeating those villains became the duty of the Hatter family, but after Alfred Hatter got imprisoned by Lord Tenoroc (Kevin Eldon), it is up to his grandson, Matt Hatter (Tommy Campbell), to take up this duty. To help him, he is joined by Roxie (Larissa Murray), a Tracker and Gomez (Marcel McCalla), a Keeper.
- Adaptational Villainy: Merlin, who is usually portraited as a good wizard, is one of the villains Matt has to fight. Same goes for the Monkey king, who, while mischievous, was never an actual villain in Journey to the West
- The Bad Guy Wins: episode 18, the villain of the week, Prowler, actually succeeds in her mission to find a new Star Crystal for Tenoroc's Triple Sphere (which he needed since Craw accidently broke the sphere), and deliver it to him. She is also the only villain Matt fails to capture.
- Big "NO!": One of the villains gave this when he realised that he gained eternal life only to spend it in prison.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: One of the villains has a cute little girl form to gain the trust of the heroes. Her true form is far uglier, just like her personality.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: At least two villains were defeated this way.
- Minotaur: Tricked into charging into his own energy draining wall.
- Jekyll/Hyde: Hyde was lured by the trio into a trap set by Jekyll.
- Just a Kid: What Matt first met Roxie and Gomez in the first episode, Roxie was dissapointed to learn the new Hatter Hero was just a kid when they were expecting Matt's dad. Gomez then points out that they are kids too.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Captain Lightning was perfectly willing to serve Tenoroc, but when the plan was very close to succeeding, Tenoroc verbally abused Captain Lightning, calling him weak and saying that he got lucky when he defeated Matt and admitting that he might not even survive the plan. Matt used the situation to turn Captain Lightning against Tenoroc.
- Instant Costume Change: happens to Matt every time he travels to the multiverse.
- Mirrors Reflect Everything: Matt uses a mirror to reflect Merlin's own magic back at him.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: One time, Matt managed to escape Zombie Boss because Tenoroc used a Spatter trap giving Matt a way out of the zombie horde, to Tenoroc's great anger.
- Once per Episode: Tenoroc using a Spatter trap against the heroes.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Lord Tenoroc is stuck in a prison realm because of Alfred.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Alfred is also imprisoned somewhere because of Lord Tenoroc.
- The Starscream: A few of the villains Matt, Roxie and Gomez had to stopped had dreams of overthrowing Lord Tenoroc.
- The Vampire villain, Count Venom, is an example.
- So is Zombie Boss.
- Villain of the Week: All are minions of Tenoroc. And all have to be stopped by the heroes.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Out of all the stuff Gomez is scared of, his worst fear is giant mushrooms. The Minotaur who learns this has this reaction and leaves Gomez alone in disgust.