Alienators: Evolution Continues (aka Evolution: The Animated Series for British audiences) was an animated series that ran from 2001 to 2002 on Fox Kids, based on the 2001 movie Evolution. The story picks up after the events of the film, following the continuing adventures of Ira Kane, Harry Block, and Wayne Grey, and also introduces a fourth hero in the form of a Blue Beret soldier named Lt. Lucy Mai and a Team Pet named Gassie, as well as the Big Bad known as Scopes, leader of an army of Starfish Aliens called the Genus.
- Aliens Speaking English: In one of the early episodes Ira listened to a recording of Scopes' roars and suddenly deduced that Scopes was in fact speaking in binary (or something). He then translated it into English to reveal some generic megalomaniacal threats. The next time Scopes appeared, he'd lost his inner mouth/ring of teeth and was suddenly speaking English.
- Animated Adaptation
- Big Bad: Scopes. Whenever it was destroyed, another Scopes would be generated and, as a side-effect of sharing the experiences and memories of their predecessors, it started becoming intelligent.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: For some reason (cough cough) our heroes need brightly colored jumpsuits here.
- Da Chief: General Woodman and Allison Reed.
- Exact Words/Loophole Abuse: In one episode Harry and Ira are in a military jail with Mai as the guard. General Granger orders her to not let "those clowns" out. Since Harry and Ira are not "clowns" she lets them out after trolling them for a minute.
- Family-Friendly Firearms: Apparently, the police and US military had switched wholesale to energy weapons after the events of the movie.
- Flanderization: Wayne and Allison, where Wayne is younger, no longer a skirt chaser, is much more of a jock, and has his surname changed from "Grey" to "Green." Allison, meanwhile, is far less clumsy, and her relationship with Ira is non-existent.
- Genetic Memory: The Genus has this as part of a Hive Mind basis with Scopes acting as a sort of Hive Queen.
- How We Got Here: "To Carthage Then I Came", which begins with Lucy carrying an unconcious Wayne through the deserts of Tunisia, and then she narrates a flashback on what happened to them, Ira, Harry, and Gassie earlier that day, before returning to the climax.
- Les Collaborateurs: General Granger as part of his New World Order scheme teams up with the Genus. Scopes however planned to have him Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves.
- Meaningful Name: Scopes.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: The Center for Impending Disasters has one in the form a Neutron Bomb due to the fact that the lab used to be use for studying viruses and need to prevent an viral outbreak.
- Series Continuity Error: At the end of the movie, Wayne was dubbed a honorary fireman by the governor, but in the three-part pilot episode "Survival", Wayne claims that he is still a "fireman in training."
- Just because you're an "honorary" fireman doesn't meaning your training's finished.
- Spiritual Successor (no pun intended): To The Real Ghostbusters.
- Weaponised Vehicle: The team's ride, an old fire engine Wayne found and refitted Ecto-1 style.
- Team Pet: Gassie.