Webcomic: Boomer Express
Boomer Express is a humorous Furry Comic that focuses on the adventures of two young adult kangaroos and their encounters with various characters, both magical and mundane.Jared and Vikki are two delivery personnel for the titular logistics company Boomer Express, working stiffs trying to make ends meet. Unfortunately for them, fate has other ideas in store and what follows is encounters with mad scientists, sorcerers, demons, giant kaiju death monsters and annoying LARPers. Thank goodness Jared can transform into a dragon and Vikki is a magic user, otherwise those might be serious problems.The comic is frequently loaded with macro and transformation themes. Check it out here.
Boomer Express provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Jared and Vikki.
- Affably Evil: Kaminovo and Kyominara, despite being demons, have a sense of humor about their work.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Jared can become giant-sized when he taps into his dragon powers, which is helpful since most of the monsters he fights are of the Kaiju variety, too.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Jared is prone to being easily distracted, especially if food is involved.
- Author Appeal: Dragons, kangaroos and macro characters galore!
- Badass Boast: Jared will usually issue one when a villain has pushed him too far.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Most of the main characters go shoeless.
- Big Damn Heroes: Literally in Jared's case, as he turns into a several hundred feet tall dragon when he needs to protect people.
- Evil Overlord: The Mastermind.
- Furry Comic
- Giant Spider: Winfred. A very polite, well-refined giant spider at that.
- Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress: Jared had some trouble learning to fly when first transformed into a dragon.
- Growing Wings: Quite the painful episode.
- Kangaroos Represent Australia
- LARP: Adam Barrett is into roleplaying and once bested Vikki at a Renaissance Faire fencing tournament.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Von Harris is one, but he's more of the absent-minded fun variety then the take over the world type.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: Jared was not meant to be host for the dragon orb and a lot of drama (and humor) comes from people being terrified or what he can do.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dragons are orbs that merge with a mortal and grant them the ability to transform into a dragon.
- Prince Charmless: Prince John is the polar opposite of his father, a spoiled, self-centered brat with no respect or regard for the needs of commoners.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Jared's dragon essence gives one to Vikki, providing a long list of times she's been tricked as reason why she's not worthy of bonding with a dragon.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: King Montifort is a decent ruler who works to make sure his realm is peaceful and just.
- Schizo Tech: The parts that take place on Earth look like modern day, except for the hover vehicles and other items like a police robot that's beyond our current technology levels.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Tim, the backstabbing Gholem who tricked Vikki and worked with Kaminovo and Kyominara to awaken a Precursor is Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves by the two demons.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Precursors need a soul to inhabit their soulgem in order to achieve full power.