Web Video: Mirai Nikki The Abridged Series
"Tropes are... Good."An Abridged Series of Mirai Nikki created by Zero-Q, in which Yukiteru constantly wishes for death to get away from Yuno, who is being, well, Yuno. It can be found here.There is also a Spanish dub, which can be found here, and a German dub here.
—The narrator, at least once per episode.
This work provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: The adult shown to not be a complete moron is Minene, who is, well, Minene.
- American Accents: The 4th sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.
- Axe Crazy: Yuno's life philosophyYukiteru: Yuno, if the cell phone told you to commit murder...who am I kidding? You'd do that even if it told you not to.
- Yuno is hardly alone in this philosophy.
- Bad Bad Acting: Minene when she tries to pretend to be a normal student, complete with a Creepy Monotone. It goes completely unnoticed by Yuki, who's too busy examining a cockroach. Said cockroach is later killed in an explosion.
- Black Comedy Rape: Once Tsubaki explains her sad tale.Yukiteru: Good GOD that was horrible! I thought this was supposed to be a parody! Who on earth would find that funny?Yuno: Ha!Yukiteru: Yuno!
- Bring My Brown Pants: Well, the sound effect equivalent. Yuuki craps his pants at least once per episode, no thanks to Yuno.
- Catchphrase: The narrator says "(X) is... Good" at least once an episode.
andYuki: (after Yuno suggests they have sex) Now's not the time!Yuno: It's never the time!
- Yuno's is "Shut up and let me be naked!"
- Murmur has "I like corn,"
- Yuno and Yuki together have a pair, in episodes 2 and 7, respectively:Yuno: Yuki, does this X make my boobs look big?Yuki: Would I be hiding behind this Y if it didn't?
- The Chew Toy: Yuki, of course.
- Clueless Detective: Can pretty much be 4th's defining trait.
- And as it turns out, Akise is kind of like this as well.
- Color Failure: Happens to the world once Yuno... goes full-on Tsundere for a moment in Episode 9.
- Comically Small Bid: When Hinata holds Yuki hostage in episode 9, Mao, Akise and Yuno start placing bids on him. He winds up being sold for 50 yen, "less than a candy bar".
- Deadpan Snarker: Yuuki.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Of Those Two Guys Dave and Garry, Dave reacts to what is happening around them, while Garry's sole focus is Dave's biceps...
- Distracted By The Shiny: Yuno is easily distracted by shiny things, such as tub faucets... and knives. This is later exploited in Episode 8, when Yuki points out there's a bag of knives near Yuno, and she focuses on them instead of Yuki.
- Double Entendre / Hurricane of Puns: Yuno, especially in the 5th episode before the fight with 12th.
- Enfant Terrible: Reisuke. Because just like all five-year-olds, he's a sociopathic bioterrorist.
- Everybody Hates MathematicsStudent: Does this mean we don't have to go to math class?Minene: Uh...yeah.Student: Yay!*cue explosion*
- Fridge Logic: An in-universe example in episode 2, when Yuki remarks on why he would carry his darts with him everywhere.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Yuno really wants to get in Yuki's pants.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Implied to happen to Yuno when she becomes Yuki's girlfriend.
- I Have No Son: Parodied in this exchange:Hinata: Hey dad!10th: Huh, who is this?Hinata: It's me, your daughter!10th: I. Have. No. Son!Hinata: I said "daughter".10th: Oh, well, yes. I have one of those.
- Irony: explicitly used and Lampshaded by Tsubaki in episode 5:Yuno: But rape isn't funny!Tsubaki: It is when it happens to someone you don't give a shit about.Yuno: Hey, that's kinda like what I said to you a few moments ago...Tsubaki: Yes, that's called irony.
- Ironic Echo: Used between the 1st and 2nd episodes with Yuki and Yuno, respectively.Episode 1:Yuno: Your cellphone predicted that you're going to die. Come with me if you want to live.Yuki: Interesting proposal. Here's my counter-offer.*cue running*Episode 2:random student: We must let Yukiteru die so that the rest of us can live.Yuno: Interesting proposal. Here's my counter-offer.*cue explosions*
- Also used and lampshaded in episode 5 (see above).
- I Want Grandkids:Yuki's Mom: "Nighty night. Sleep tight. Don't let the abstinence bite. (closes door before bursting back in) Seriously, when I wake up tomorrow morning I want that girl to be pregnant with my grandchild!"Yuki: (throws pillow at door) "GET THE F**K OUT OF MY ROOM!"
- Knife Nut: Yuno in episodes 8 and 9, resulting in a Brick Joke.
- Lampshade Hanging: Yuki's done this at least twice, once asking how Yuno pulled a pillow out of hammerspace, and once when he asks why he'd carry a bag of darts strapped to his ass.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Yuno and her efforts to make Yuki fornicate with her. (Which obviously fails)
- Mr. Seahorse: Alluded to in episode 5, when Yuki is throwing up over a toilet, and Yuno asks if he's pregnant... shortly before sniffing his underwear.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Yuki finds a piece of concrete in the middle of the sidewalk. He records in his diary "I think I came".
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Yuno is definitely this for Yuki.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Yuno. She is Yukki's personal space.
- Only Sane Man: Yuki and Minene. Even more than usual.
- Pervert Dad: Inverted here; Yuki has a Pervert Mom.
- Relationship Upgrade: Happens in episode 9 when Yukiteru declares that Yuno is his girlfriend.
- Say My Name: An exaggerated example when Yuno screams out Yuki's name, and it can be heard all over earth.
- Shout-Out: Some of the episode names are this, such as the first episode, Future Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Yukiteru: The f**k just happened?Yuno: I guess he just couldn't live...*puts on sunglasses*Yuno: ...without his phone.
- From episode 1 (after 3rd explodes):
- Skewed Priorities: In episode 5:Minene: Not to spoil your fun, but shouldn't you be out there stopping those kids from ruining your plan or something?Yomotsu (12th): First things first, before I can do battle with the evil out there, I must first do battle with the evil in here.Minene: Come again?Yomotsu: (To a scrap of paper) Prepare yourself, evildoer, for my dust pan of justice, or as I like to call it, dustice!
- Suggestive Collision/Marshmallow Hell: In episode 3:Yuno: HOLD ME!Yuki: Marshmallows...!Yuno: But Yuki, we just ate...
- Stealth Pun: Episode 9 is called Youth In Asia. It's not until Yuno quite literally puts down a dog the pun's subtlety is revealed.
- That Poor Cat: When Minene runs away she runs over and destroys everything, including a stray cat.
- Tempting Fate: Right at the beginning of the first episode, Yuuki watches a bad ending of School Days. And then...Yukiteru: Wow, that girl sure is crazy and scary. It's a good thing nobody like that exists in real life.
Yukiteru: Did you hear that, Yuno? Hinata said that she's my friend! Do you know what this means?Yuno: Yeah.*Cut to Hinata seemingly dead.*Yukiteru: YUNO!!!
- In episode 8:
- Those Two Guys: Dave and Gary, who also both have some Homoerotic Subtext going on. Their main job is to react to what goes on around them for Dave, and Gary's is to comment on Dave's biceps.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Muru Muru loves ears of corn.Muru Muru: (to Yukiteru, standing on an oil drum) "Hey, how's it goin'?"pauseDeus: "Are you standing on an oil drum?"Muru Muru: "Yep!"Deus: "Why?"Muru Muru: "It's where I keep my corn cobs."pauseMuru Muru: "I like corn."Deus: "Fantastic."
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Take a shot every time a child does something creepy. You'll be drunk in no time.
- Vocal Dissonance: Yuki's mom has a deep, raspy male voice which played for laughs and is regularly ignored by other characters who find her attractive.
- Yandere: Take a wild guess. Correct, Yuno, and it's parodied for all it's worth. In episode 9 Yuno kills a dog because it tried to hump Yuki's leg, and at another point in the same episode acts Tsundere, claiming that she's not killing the other characters because she likes him or anything...