Keitaro Urashima:Love Hina Abridged
You know, Naru, despite so many first impressions involving lady parts and violence, I think you and I are going to be pretty close. Naru Narusegawa:
No doubt about it! But I won't admit it until the last episode.
—Episode One, Naru and Keitaro, after Naru covers up Keitaro's unintentional lie.
is based on the story Love Hina
by Ken Akamatsu
. The humor tends to not involve pop culture or internet references, with less lampshading
and fourth wall breaks
than normal, instead opting to use the characters' over-the-top personalities
, foreshadowing, and jokes that the fans will appreciate.
The show is written and edited by YouTube
user Crujjy, and unlike most abridged series
, he does not voice the main character, let alone voice most of them
. The cast includes Edderraya, Savvy, Wander and Crujjy.Available here.
This show contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Played with. Keitaro still receives injuries for his actions, but it is acknowledged in the third episode that he was almost never intending to do wrong.
- Adaptation Distillation: As par for the course. Notably, some scenes of Keitaro unintentionally touching girls, and receiving a beatdown for it have been removed.
- Affectionate Parody: As normal for the genre. Occasionally wanders into deconstructive parody territory.
- Blatant Lies:
Hina: "Naru, Naru, Naru.... Do you think I壇 ever do anything that wasn稚 for the good of you or-"
Hina: "Name one time."
Naru: "You refused to fix the hole in my floor."
"And if I fixed it you wouldn稚 have become the lovely young woman you are today."
Keitaro: "But I知 not a threat!"
Motoko: "You will be! Just think of this as self defense. Pre-emptive, highly unnecessary self defense!"
- Character Exaggeration: Most of the characters, most egregiously Kaolla and Motoko. Kaolla went from odd and hyperactive, to having no shred of sanity or sense, and Motoko went from hostile to violent and vindictive.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Kaolla Su to the nth degree. To a lesser extent, Grandma Hina.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Motoko to the nth degree. To a lesser extent, Naru.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Zigzagged. Shinobu's parents are hilariously terrible parenting is Played for Laughs, but the cast tends to take the issue seriously.
- Poe's Law: Averted completely. Most people involved love the original story, most especially Crujjy, hence the multitude of jokes based on knowing the story beforehand. The series is made fun of because it is loved, and jokes towards the series are small in number and affectionate.
- Rambling Old Man Monologue: The M.O. of the old men.
Oldman: "I remember when they invented women. It was a welcome change, since before they did, everyone was male, and no one was gay."
- Sanity Slippage:
Motoko: "I知 not crazy. I mean yeah, I知 a little crazy. But part of the definition of being crazy is not thinking you池e crazy. And since I知 cognizant of my slipping sanity, I知 not crazy. So really, I知 at an equilibrium. Yep, just sane enough to know how crazy I am. Which is why I知 not."
- Take That: The disclaimers tend to contain jokes about You Tube removing episodes.
- Voice Changeling: Savvy, who voices Keitaro, Naru, Motoko, Shinobu, Mitsune, Mutsumi (as a child), Grandma Hina, and Haruka. Its literally easier to list the roles she doesn't do. On a lesser note, all people on board provide or will provide multiple voices.