Web Animation: Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz
"I HATE VIDEOGAMES"
— Mickey the Dick
A 2010 Animated
Web Series created by HotDiggedyDemon
, Wacky Game Jokez for Kidz (abbreviated WGJ4K)
is a videogame-based comedy show that centres around Mickey the Dick, a cynical, belligerent street thug from the slums of New York City who is kidnapped by the corporation Videogame Videos (VGV)
(for reasons never explicitly stated) and is forced into being the creator of a online videogame parody series, alongside his production crew in the form of hardcore gamers Eric
What makes this an unbearable punishment for Mickey is the fact that he has a massive disdain for anything related to videogames, and frequently expresses this by tormenting his co-workers, destroying equipment, not co-operating with orders and generally acting like, yes, a dick,
much to the chargin of his boss, who is equally no stranger to Mickey's abuse.
The ten-episode series can be found on Newgrounds
or onHot Diggedy Demon's YouTube channel
. Despite the story ending on a very ambiguous note, creator Max Gilardi has no intent on reviving the series for a second season or shorts. Instead he dumped the storyboards for the scrapped season 2 here
This series provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: Surprisingly, Mickey comes off as this during one of his Mailbag segments (the one with multiple guest appearances).
- Affectionate Parody: Of video game parodies/tributes themselves.
- Anthropic Principle: Discussed in the mailbag episode:
Micky: If the premise of my situation is that I'm trapped, then I'm trapped! If you know what the definition of "trapped" is, then logically you can infer that something is keeping me here!
- Armor-Piercing Question: "Was there ever a time when you were not a dick?"
- Book Dumb: More like Book Oblivious, mixed with Obfuscating Stupidity. The show features a review of a Legend of Zelda video game, but the "game" is actually a printed copy of Lord of the Flies.
- Neither Eric nor June seems to know what a book is, referring to books as "those paper things with words in them".
- Brick Joke: In one of the Fourth Wall Mail Slot episodes, Mickey's head is changed for the head of the cat from VGV's Vanity Plate. Then, at the end of the episode (which is one of the longest episodes in the series, running over 10 minutes), the cat in the Vanity Plate has Mickey's head.
- Censor Bleep: Parodied in the mailbag episode. When Micky drops "Goddammit", "God" is bleeped but "dammit" goes right through.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Retard" and "faggot" are probably Mickey's favorite words. He can be rather creative with his extensive use of swearing though.
- Comic Trio: The main characters.
- Deconstructive Parody: Of other videogame parody series.
- The Ditz: June.
- Evil Inc.: VGV, Video Game Videos. It is stated in the theme song that VGV is an "Evil Corporation". Mickey "confirms" that making video game videos for the Internet is what makes them evil.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: A whole episode dedicated to it.
- Gamer Girl: June. She even has the phrase written on her shirt.
- Geek: Eric.
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!: Double Subverted
Mickey: Shoot me! I'd rather be dead than spend one more minute cracking jokes about Master Chief!
- Hurricane of Puns: The Robert Burgless episode contains this.
- Jerkass: Mickey the Dick (duh).
- Laser-Guided Karma: Although in its way to being explained in the season finale, we assume Mickey's background makes him deserve the suffering his "job" causes him.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: June/Eric. As in, "generic".
- The New Rock & Roll: Mickey thinks this way about video games.
- Non-Indicative Name: It is most definitely not a show for kids about wacky game jokes.
- Rant Inducing Slight: Subverted. June goes on a Gamer Girl rant for no reason.
- Robot Buddy: Eric claims to be a robot, so...
- The Short Guy with Glasses: Eric.
- Ship Tease: Brought up in the fanart special thanks to an artist, but the ship is immediately sunk by Mickey.
- Shout-Out: To There Will Be Blood, of all things.
- Straw Character: Robert Burgless, believe it or not.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: June's response to a fan asking whether she's the same June from KaBlam!.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Mickey the Dick again.
- Take That: Apparently toward the culture behind video games.
- Troll: The Boss and Eric think Mickey acts like a dick just to elicit a reaction. Mickey denies it, though it is partly true.
- Two Gamers on a Couch: Subverted. Even when there are three main characters, we have only two gamers on the couch; June and Eric. Mickey is not a gamer at all.
- Ultimate Job Security: Mickey. For all the terrible things he does, it's surprising that VGV hasn't triggered the bomb on his leg yet.
- Somewhat justified, since Mickey really has no choice but to do their bidding.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Mickey.
- Villain Protagonist: Mickey is a misanthropic Jerkass who used to spend his free time mugging old ladies. He would qualify as an anti-hero if he ever opposed VGV instead of begrudgingly working for them.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz