Web Animation: The Big Lez Show
"What the fuck?"
"You fuckin' druggo."
- Sassy the Sasquatch on Lez.The Big Lez Show
is an Australian web cartoon, created by Jarrad Wright, Izak Whear & Tom Hollis. The show deals with the day-to-day life of Leslie "Lez" Mackerel, a short-tempered Australian man. Also along for the ride are his mates Sassy The Sasquatch, a sasquatch stoner who's never far from his bong and "every drug on the planet", and Lez's son Quintin. Lez routinely gets into conflict with his neighbour Norton. Over the course of the series, the plot changes from a series of random vignettes into a story that involves Aliens, Mysterious islands, space travel, and the fate of the entire world.
Tropes associated with "The Big Lez Show" include:
- A Day in the Limelight: Season 3's 'Yeah, Nah Mate.' is a 2 and a half minute interview with Mike Nolan advocating the reasons he should be come a city councilman.
- Similarly, the following episode "Ahow" details Clarence winning a scratchie ticket before having a bird steal it, until Sassy finds the scratchie and rolls it into a joint
- Art Evolution: The animation becomes progressively smoother over the course of the series. The first two seasons look quite choppy and low quality compared to the latest episodes.
- If you compare the first episode with the Season 2 finale, the difference in the animation quality is pretty astounding.
- Author Appeal: The creators of the series are big fans of Australian Metalcore band Parkway Drive. In the episode Busted, Sassy's car stereo happens to be playing a couple of their songs while on the way to Hallucination Land.
- Australian Accent: Virtually 90% of the characters on the show use it. The dialogue also utilizes a large amount of modern Australian slang words, which are virtually indecipherable to anyone who hasn't been raised on the continent.
- Badass: Ellis Warnington. His introduction consisted of him diving off a lighthouse into the ocean to bisect a shark with a small knife.
- Axe Crazy: Warnington. Also possibly Mike Nolan to an extent, if Choomah Island is anything to indicate.
- As a matter of fact, Lez himself probably qualifies as this.
- Beyond the Impossible: Sassy will obtain and use drugs anywhere. That includes a deserted island.
- Berserk Button:
- Butt Monkey: Clarence, Norton and Quintin share this role.
- Bland-Name Product: In "Yeah, Nah Mate", Mike Nolan's favorite beer is shown to be "Three X, Bronzes" (a parody of XXXX Gold), and his brand of cigarettes are "Winnie Blue's, Mate." (That's literally the name of the brand. Also a parody of popular Australian cigarette 'Winfield Blues')
- Blinding Bangs: Scruffy has these
- Borrowed Catchphrase: This exchange in "Never Again Land" between Lez, Donny and Sassy
Lez: *groans* Sassy, I feel like absolute shit. You've really fucked me up this time
Donny: Heh heh, you fuckin' druggo!
Sassy: Heh heh-fuckoffDonnythat'smycatchphraseyoufuckin'druggo.
- Breakout Character: Sassy is extremely popular amongst the show's fanbase. For a while, the creators even sold T-shirts with his likeness on it through the show's Facebook page.
- Catch Phrase:
- Sassy: "You fucken druggo" and "wadiyatalkinabeet?"*
- Lez: "What the fuck?"
- Clarence: "Awwwww no."
- Cerebus Syndrome: Clarence's Butt Monkey nature on the show was played for laughs in the first 3 seasons, but after Potatahead you can't help but feel a little bit sorry for him
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Sergeo, the bounty hunter who Lex and Sassy meet in prison probably qualifies as this.
- Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere: Sassy starts freaking out after going without drugs for 20 minutes in Choomah Island. Donny then gives him a joint, which he smokes down in just one hit.
- Coolest Club Ever: "Never Again Land" takes place almost entirely inside one of these
- Couch Gag: Every episode of Season 3 opens with Lez popping up in the 'O' of the title, and saying a new phrase.
- In season 1, it was Lez ripping through the show's logo and exclaiming "What the fuck?!" (as shown in the page image.) In season 2 they hung a lampshade on this in the first episode, by having Lez unable to break through the logo in the first episode and taking 2 minutes to make it through the title.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lez embodies this in the first season, although in the second season and third season, he has far more moments of extreme rage.
- Deranged Animation: Lez and Sassy's Mushroom Samba sequences in "Trippa Snippa" and "Popcoin" thrive on this.
- A Dog Named Dog: Sassy the Sasquatch. Also Owlie, although his last name doesn't get mentioned.
- Embarrassing First Name: "Leslie", although it doesn't seem to get brought up much
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mike Nolan was initially a one-off character, however the creators brought him back after his first appearance proved to be incredibly popular with the show's fanbase.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: After Ellis Warnington saves Lez's life and tells him his name, he claims that everybody calls him "Warning Guy". This is what Lez and every other character refers to him by for the rest of the series
- Extreme Omnivore: Sassy and Donny are this of the drug variety. They will smoke, snort or inject literally any substance into their bodies without any negative repercussions.
Sassy: We fucking eat this shit for our morning breakfast!
: It keeps the heart pumping!
Lez: So you're telling me Heroin is good for ya, and you should have it every day?
Sassy: Fuck yeah, it's so good for ya!
Donny: It's good for your cholesterol
- Fat Bastard: Norton qualifies as a slightly effeminate variation of this trope.
- Lez himself could qualify, although he's treated slightly more sympathetically.
- Funny Animal: Sassy, Donny, Wayno, and Scruffy are sasquatches, who can all somehow speak perfect English (well, Australian English anyway), drive cars, drink alcohol, smoke bongs and operate firearms
- Gargle Blaster: Sassy's "Trippa Snippa"
Lez: Why's it called a Trippa Snippa?
Sassy: 'Cause it trips you the fuck out, and your whole life gets snipped from reality. Plus you hear the sound of a whipper snipper in the back of your head for about 7 hours or so...
- Human Aliens: Lez and Norton
- Insistent Terminology: Sassy believes that popcorn is pronounced "popcoin", claiming he's never heard the word popcorn in his entire life.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Mike Nolan's resume includes a postman worker, construction driver, bricklayer, bus-stop builder, lollipop man, roadside construction, maintenance at theme parks, council worker.
Mike: You name a fuckin' job that requires a fuckin' high-vis shirt and I'll be there. You wear a fuckin' high-vis shirt and no-one questions you. You just get paid, cash in hand.
- Kangaroo Court:
- "You're fucking going straight to prison" after Sassy's drug arrest.
- "On behalf of the jury, I find the defendant guilty and sentence him to a life sentence for murdering those cute puppies you sick fuck." After Lez is arrested for assaulting Norton.
- Kent Brockman News: 'Goin' Home' introduces "Breaking Nooz", lead by the anchor Simon Sniffcock, and reporter Cock Nostril
- Limited Animation: The first two season's were animated in MS Paint, then assembled frame by frame. The creators switched to using Macs for Season 3, so the animation is slightly smoother see 
- Long List: The ingredients of Sassy's trippa snippa:
Sassy: Oh you know, the usual. Uhh: speed, weed, heroin, cocaine, mushrooms, Pine O Clean, petrol, battery acid, acid, sour beer, meth, some herbs and spices and some lettuce and tomato, vodka sauce, Bam! And the dirt is gone, Ajax spray n wipe, some chicken and cheese, all wrapped in a tortilla.
Lez: *deathly scared look on his face*
Sassy: Yeah, you're starting to feel the Sassy food magic, mate!
- Mind Screw: Lez's hallucinations in The Trippa Snippa and Popcoin definitely qualify.
- Also the scene in Never Again Land after he downs Sassy's Gargle Blaster and sees Clarence.
- Mushroom Samba: Happens quite a bit, but most noticeably during the "flashback drug" sequence in Season Two.
- Pensieve Flashback: Parodied in 'Never Again Land' where Sassy injects Lez with a "flashback drug".
- Prison Episode: 'Life In The Can'
- Pink Elephants: Sassy has a weird variation of this. In 'Goin' Home', Sassy claims to have seen a blue caterpillar come down from the sky and give him a bowl of Mac 'n Cheese and a bottle of apple juice. Lez chalks this up to Sassy's constant drug use. However in 'Attack Of The Choomah's Part 2', the caterpillar makes an appearance and gives Sassy his Mac 'n Cheese and apple juice. Lez then asks where the fuck Sassy got the food from
- Random Events Plot: Season One and, to a lesser extent, Season Two.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Lez
- Real Place Background: Many of the backgrounds in the show, such as the beach Lez and Quinten go surfing, or the close they live in seem to be based on the landscape of the Gold Coast in South East Queensland (which coincidentally is where the creators live and work.)
- Scare Chord: Happens at the end of "Attack Of The Choomahs (Part 2") when it's revealed the mailman is actually one of the choomah's in disguise
- Sir Swearsalot: Pretty much everybody in the cast (except for Clarence)
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Norton is this to Lez.
- Smoking Is Cool: Mike Nolan personifies this. In Choomah Island, it's revealed that he's apparently been a smoker since the age of 4!
- Shout-Out: In Season 2, Donny's "Stealthy Fucker" costume resemble's Sam Fisher's MK V Tac Suit.
- Souvenir Land: We never see it, but Sassy and his mates are driving to a theme park called "Hallucination Land". Funnily enough, Donny eats a trippa snippa on the way there and freaks out, while Scruffy forgets to bring his shoes.
- Surreal Humor: Plenty of episodes thrive on it, but Lez's Mushroom Samba in "The Trippa Snippa" deserves special mention. Also the entirety of 'Choomah Island'.
- Take That: In "Attack Of The Choomah's Part 2" Lez's comment after falling into a sewer:
Lez: *sniffs* Smells like Aussie rap down here. SHIT.
- Tempting Fate:
Donny: So when are you going to Thailand to get one of these 'ripstarts', Nollsy?
Mike: God me flight booked for next weekend mate, it's gonna be fuckin' tops.
Donny: Fuck yeah, let's just hope your fuckin' plane doesn't crash in the Pacific and land on some fucked up crazy island, ay?
Mike: Yeah, hahahahaha!
- The Stoner: Sassy and the other sasquatches. Justified in that drugs are good for them.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Some people were confused as to what gender Norton was at the start of the series. Towards the end of Season 1 it's revealed that he's actually Lez's brother, from the planet Kingdom Come
- Villain Protagonist: It's quite hard to sympathize with the thoroughly evil Lez.
- Wham Episode: "Potadahead" Clarence is revealed to have been a scientist on Kingdome Come, who accidentally developed a formula which hideously mutated him into his potato headed form, and was then kicked into an escape pod after the formula spilled everywhere. Then, after crash landing on Choomah Island, he accidentally dropped the formula down a large hole, causing the formula to spread like wildfire and evolve into the Choomah's.
- Widget Series: Of the Australian variety.
- You ALL Look Familiar: The police officer, prison guard and nightclub bouncers that appear over the course of the series all have the same muscular body, sunglasses and short hair. However, it's unknown if they are implied to be the same person.