Team 8 will be on hiatus until the manga finishes, or will never be finished.This is not just a long wait. Too many plot points have been spoiled or off-set by canon. While the readers are trying to assert fanon over canon, the author is waiting for all of the canon plot points to be concluded so that he can start working on his own with fewer constrictions.
- Seems unlikely. The author already made a point that Itachi is not good in Team 8 and a lot of the plot after that point hinges somewhat on that. Regardless, there is no reason to wait.
- The author's stance is explicitly stated to be to not worry about updating the plot to reflect changes in canon. His story is already AU, and he considers going through the hassle not worth it.
The person who ordered Kurenai's genin team dead is...
- Hiashi. He is notably much crueler, and the mentions of Mattai never add in a Cursed Seal. He may have tried to off her team so he could lead the clan. Also, the clan has something planned about Naruto...
- Chapter 22 definitely makes Hiashi a lead suspect for this. Although nothing's set in stone yet.
- Danzou. He's been mentioned a lot when he wasn't in canon. There must be a reason for this.
- That reason would be that Danzou didn't even exist in canon until after the timeskip.
- BOTH! There is nothing mutually-exclusive about them, and if Danzo aided Hiashi in this with ROOT, Danzo now has a debt to cash in with the Hyuuga Clan.
Asuma is a little in love with Kurenai.Because...he threatened to kick the ass of the head of Konoha's most important clan because he would've disrupted her funeral. Considering that he loves her in canon...
- The death of her team caused Kurenai to become more introverted and stymied any chances of a relationship developing, sadly. Also, Asuma and Kakashi were both there and not fast enough to stop Kurenai from getting killed, so it's a particularly important event for them as well as the kids.
Hinata will receive training from Tsunade.Hinata is already going to be Tsunade's servant for six months. I'm sure in that time Tsunade will get to know the girl, and will offer to train her so that "You're not some failure, and I'll prove it by shoving it in your Jerkass father's face!"
- Bonus: she'll show Hinata how to smash through walls with her little finger.
- Hinata is paralleling Sakura's apprenticeship to Tsunade. In canon, Tsunade agreed to train Sakura partly because of her determination, partly because of her perfect chakra control making her an ideal candidate for medic-nin training. Hinata has plenty of the former, and the latter is more or less guaranteed for any Hyuuga. In fact, Hinata will probably do it better than Sakura, as not only is she used to transferring chakra through touch, but it seems likely that the training will also enhance her Jyuuken strikes. Not to mention the value of Tsunade's physical strength training. If there is a timeskip, then hopefully Hinata will be seen using a taijutsu style that hits with Goken and Jyuuken simultaneously.
- Confirmed: Tsunade makes the six-month period becomes a non-stop training regimen as an excuse to keep Hinata away from home.
Team 8 is not a fanfic of Naruto......Naruto's a fan-comic of Team 8.
- Good one.
- If only.
Yamato will be Team 8's new jonin-senseiBecause why not?
- A better reason would be "because someone has to be and there aren't many suitable canon characters left".
- Also, he's one of the few shinobi with the skills to restrain the Nine-Tales and considering Naruto was briefly taken over by it after learning Itachi killed Kurenai....
- As of Chapter 24, It seems Jiraiya will lead the team into the next Chunin Exam in Kumo
Iruka will be Team 8's new jonin-senseiHe's just as close and understanding as Kurenai was; perhaps his promotion to jonin will be expedited by the Hokage, in an effort to keep their team's dynamic going the way it was.
- As of Chapter 24, It seems Jiraiya will lead the team into the next Chunin Exam in Kumo. Same spoiler as above.
What will the team's summons be?Naruto's will be...
- Nothing. He'll continue to hone his own skills.
- Bear. As a close-in combat specialist, it's ideal. Plus, the idea of Naruto riding a bear into battle is cool.
- Squirrels. Forest-capable, hyperactive... it worked for Squirrel Girl.
- Rats. Come in large hordes that can keep up with shadow clones, pack a nasty bite, and overwhelmingly misunderstood and disliked. Hopefully introduced in a bonding chapter.
- Fennec fox. Because cute◊.
- Confirmed in Ch22 as Turtle. Didn't See That Coming ...
- Crows. Specifically, Mobster crows.
- Fennec fox. Look, they're cute, okay? And it'd remind her of Naruto.
- A giant Hercules beetle. Those things are awesome.
- MECHA. An also he learn know how to do the "Partial Summon" trick that Jiraiya used (He summoned only the stomach of a frog, once) so he will summon only hands or feet of his summons, just like Bayonetta does with her Wicked Weaves
- Fennec fox.
Naruto is already on his way to learning the Rasengan.In chapter 17, when Naruto uses his Chakra Pulse, the author takes time to note that under Jiraiya's tutelage, Naruto had been performing "elaborate chakra control exercises." When I think about chakra control exercises and Jiraiya in the same sentence, I think Balloon Training, the precursor to the Rasengan. Plus, Naruto's already learned water walking and tree climbing, so what else is there to do?
Guessing on how Part II will play out as a result of the For Want of a Nail event:
- The Hidan and Kakuzu arc will play out completely differently because of Kurenai's death
- More likely Part II won't happen the way it did in canon at all because the series is about to go completely Off the Rails.
Hiashi's systematic abuse of Hinata is spurred by more than him just being an asshole.Whatever else can be said about Hiashi, he's not stupid. If he is indeed involved in this conspiracy among the Konoha elite, he probably has some plan for her that requires her to be emotionally and psychologically broken.
Hinata convincing Naruto to spare Neji's lifeis a Shout-Out to canon!Naruto's friendship with Sasuke. Hinata cares about Neji, even if any sane person would wonder why beyond blood relation. Naruto even mentions to the jerkass that she never stopped making excuses for his behavior the entire time she spoke with him even when, really, it was inexcusable. Admittedly there's reasonable doubt about this but it seems suspect to me.
Shino has a Precocious Crush on Kurenai.I don't doubt that he'd react violently to Naruto or Hinata being killed as well but the way he behaves in the morgue is a thing of beauty.
In this timeline, Hiashi is a member of ROOT.Remember what Jiraiya says about the members of 'Danzo's little cult'? "[Danzo] says that the perfect ninja has no emotions, but people that practice that nindo never seem to last. They either completely lose their personality, or they crack like Itachi did." Doesn't that description almost exactly match what the hell is wrong with Hiashi? His idea of 'proper behavior' is total emotionlessness, and buried underneath that seems to be nothing but psychotic hatred and control-freakiness.
The For Want of a Nail incident involving Kurenai's former team will play out in a similar manner to Kakashi's past team with Obito and Rin.In particular, one of Kurenai's former teammates will turn out to be still alive and seriously screwed up, much like events in the manga's recent canon.
- It's probably going to be Mattai, and God knows he'll have more reason than Obito ever did, poor bastard.
- Alternatively, Mattai really is dead, but Madara stole his eyes for Rinnegan research (see below).
The chief of the turtle summons is GameraSeriously, a Kaiju-sized turtle known as the Friend of All Children...
Related to the above, the elite summons known as "The Four" are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.Because Ninja + Turtle + Four that refuse to be separated. who else can it possibly be?
Edo Tensei will come into play later as a way to use more Kurenai
The Byakugan will have an expanded role in the Naruto Lore, via Retcon.Aside from the For Want of a Nail examples, there have been a few cases of jutsu mechanics working differently than in Canon (Such as the way Kurenai breaks the Tsukuyomi), so it's likely other changes will be made to avert the Byakugan's Demoted to Extra status in comparison to the Sharingan.
- One possibility: Here the Byakugan really did originate from the Rikudo Sennin, and the Rinnegan is basically Byakugan + Sharingan.
What Sasuke was actually trying to do when, at the Chunin Exams, he insulted HinataHe was trying to get Naruto pissed so he'd have a better chance at defeating him while he didn't think. Too bad it backfired...
- Isn't this pretty much confirmed?
Naru-Saku will become canonSince Naru-Hina became canon in-universe