Team 8 will be on hiatus until the manga finishes, or will never be finished.
This is not just a long wait. Too many plot points have been spoiled or off-set by canon. While the readers are trying to assert fanon over canon, the author is waiting for all of the canon plot points to be concluded so that he can start working on his own with fewer constrictions.
- Seems unlikely, the author already made a point that Itachi is not good in Team 8 and a lot of the plot after that point hinges somewhat on that. Regardless there is no reason to wait.
The person who ordered Kurenai's genin team dead is...
- Hiashi. He is notably much crueler, and the mentions of Mattai never add in a Cursed Seal. He may have tried to off her team so he could lead the clan. Also, the clan has something planned about Naruto...
- Chapter 22 definitely makes Hiashi a lead suspect for this. Although nothing's set in stone yet.
- Danzou. He's been mentioned a lot when he wasn't in canon. There must be a reason for this.
- That reason would be that Danzou didn't even exist in canon until after the timeskip.
- BOTH! There is nothing mutually-exclusive about them, and if Danzo aided Hiashi in this with ROOT, Danzo now has a debt to cash in with the Hyuuga Clan.
Asuma is a little in love with Kurenai.
Because...he threatened to kick the ass of the head of Konoha's most important clan
because he would've disrupted her funeral.
Considering that he loved her in canon...
- The death of her team caused Kurenai to become more introverted and stymied any chances of a relationship developing, sadly
Hinata will receive training from Tsunade.
Hinata is already going to be Tsunade's servant for six months. I'm sure in that time Tsunade will get to know the girl, and will offer to train her so that "You're not some failure, and I'll prove it by shoving it in your Jerk Ass
- Bonus: she'll show Hinata how to smash through walls with her little finger.
- Hinata is paralleling Sakura's apprenticeship to Tsunade. In canon, Tsunade agreed to train Sakura partly because of her determination, partly because of her perfect chakra control making her an ideal candidate for medic-nin training. Hinata has plenty of the former, and the latter is more or less guaranteed for any Hyuuga. In fact, this troper is willing to bet Hinata does it better than Sakura, as not only is she used to transferring chakra through touch, but it seems likely that the training will also enhance her Jyuuken strikes. Not to mention the value of Tsunade's physical strength training. If there is a timeskip, this troper is hoping to see Hinata using a taijutsu style that hits with Goken and Jyuuken simultaneously.
Team 8 is not a fanfic of Naruto...
...Naruto's a fan-comic of Team 8.
Yamato will be Team 8's new jonin-sensei
Because why not?
- A better reason would be "because someone has to be and there aren't many suitable canon characters left".
- Also, he's one of the few shinobi with the skills to restrain the Nine-Tales and considering Naruto was briefly taken over by it after learning Itachi killed Kurenai....
Iruka will be Team 8's new jonin-sensei
He's just as close and understanding as Kurenai was
; perhaps his promotion to jonin will be expedited by the Hokage, in an effort to keep their team's dynamic going the way it was.
What will the team's summons be?
Naruto's will be...
Hinata's will be...
- Crows. Specifically, Mobster crows.
- Fennec fox. Look, they're cute, okay? And it'd remind her of Naruto.
Shino's already The Beastmaster
, so a summon would be pretty redundant. If he had to have one, giant stag beetles would be great. Flying!
- A giant Hercules beetle. Those things are awesome.
- MECHA. An also he learn know how to do the "Partial Summon" trick that Jiraiya used (He summoned only the stomach of a frog, once) so he will summon only hands or feet of his summons, just like Bayonetta does with her Wicked Weaves
- Fennec fox.
For one, that technique's amazing and should really see more use. Two, precise chakra control
is necessary for using it, along with flexibility and Tsunade
has the former in spades. Third, one of Hinata's goals is to try and create a Hyuuga technique of her own, like one of her ancestors, who was really good at reading people.
Naruto is already on his way to learning the Rasengan.
In chapter 17, when Naruto uses his Chakra Pulse, the author takes time to note that under Jiraiya's tutelage, Naruto had been performing "elaborate chakra control exercises." When I think about chakra control exercises and Jiraiya in the same sentence, I think Balloon Training, the precursor to the Rasengan. Plus, Naruto's already learned water walking and tree climbing, so what else is there to do?
- The Hidan and Kakuzu arc will play out completely differently because of Kurenai's death
- More likely Part II won't happen the way it did in canon at all because the series is about to go completely Off the Rails.
Hiashi's systematic abuse of Hinata is spurred by more than him just being an asshole.
Whatever else can be said about Hiashi, he's not stupid. If he is indeed involved in this conspiracy among the Konoha elite, he probably has some plan for her that requires her to be emotionally and psychologically broken.
Hinata convincing Naruto to spare Neji's life
is a Shout-Out
to canon!Naruto's friendship with Sasuke.
Hinata cares about Neji
, even if any sane person would wonder why beyond blood relation
. Naruto even mentions to the jerkass that she never stopped making excuses for his
behavior the entire time she spoke with him even when, really, it was inexcusable. Admittedly there's reasonable doubt about this but it seems suspect to me.
I don't doubt that he'd react violently
to Naruto or Hinata being killed
as well but the way he behaves in the morgue
is a thing of beauty.
In this timeline, Hiashi is a member of ROOT.
Remember what Jiraiya says about the members of 'Danzo's little cult'? "[Danzo] says that the perfect ninja has no emotions, but people that practice that nindo never seem to last. They either completely lose their personality, or they crack like Itachi did."
Doesn't that description almost exactly match what the hell is wrong with Hiashi? His idea of 'proper behavior' is total emotionlessness, and buried underneath that seems to be nothing but psychotic hatred and control-freakiness.
The For Want of a Nail
incident involving Kurenai's former team will play out in a similar manner to Kakashi's past team with Obito and Rin.
In particular, one of Kurenai's former teammates will turn out to be still alive and seriously screwed up, much like events in the manga's recent canon
- It's probably going to be Mattai, and God knows he'll have more reason than Obito ever did, poor bastard.
- Kurenai's letter to Naruto in Chapter 22 reveals that she saw for herself that her teammates were all dead. Then again, Mattai was Impaled with Extreme Prejudice, but it might be that Kurenai's grief partially blinded her, meaning he might be Not Quite Dead after all...
- Alternatively, Mattai really is dead, but Madara stole his eyes for Rinnegan research (see below).
The chief of the turtle summons is Gamera
Seriously, a Kaiju-sized
turtle known as the Friend of All Children...
Edo Tensei will come into play later as a way to use more Kurenai
The Byakugan will have an expanded role in the Naruto Lore, via Retcon.
Aside from the For Want of a Nail
examples, there have been a few cases of jutsu mechanics working differently than in Canon (Such as the way Kurenai breaks the Tsukuyomi
), so it's likely other changes will be made to avert the Byakugan's Demoted to Extra
status in comparison to the Sharingan.
- One possibility: Here the Byakugan really did originate from the Rikudo Sennin, and the Rinnegan is basically Byakugan + Sharingan.