The series takes place in the same universe as Neptunia
My reasons for saying this are:
- 1. The art is done by Tsunako, who did both DAL and HDN
- 2. Both series have loads of Action girls (DAL has spirits, while HDN has goddesses)
- 3. And both have cute girls
...So give me one good reason why it isn't. And NO
saying "Neptunia is about the Moe
console wars whilst Date A Live isn't."
There will be a DAL/Neptunia crossover
Just because. Actually, see above.
There will be a second season in fall 2013, Or sometime after that.
They did it with Medaka Box and Jormungand last year didn't they? Also, there is waaay
too much of the Light Novel
series to cover in just twelve episodes, so a second season will probably be needed.
- We'll see with the sales.
- TBH I highly Doubt the sales matter, E.G. take a look at Medaka Box, It sold poorly, yet that got a second season fall 2012, Horizon in the middle of nowhere is pretty hit-or-miss with the fans, but nonetheless, it got a season 2 in the summer last year, so i guess Popularity doesn't matter, and since Rozen Maiden's getting another season only now NOTE and Setokai no ichizon got another season in 2012, after its first season aired in 2009! NOTE it could happen anytime, really. Besides, If the Sales do matter, there is one thing you can guarantee on: In japan; Sex. Sells. Hell even some of the most popular anime nowadays have a bit of fanservice in them (Too many to count!) might not be as popular as they were without. How else could Medaka And Battle Vixens (More than FOUR seasons!) sold well in japan? And lets not forget how popular Strike Witches is... TL;DR: If the 10% chance sales do matter, its because of the fanservice.
Would be nice if it happened. 4 light novels in 12 episodes ends up feeling a bit rushed
. They probably didn't have a choice, due to 3/4 being a single arc. Doing 3 light novels in 12 episodes seems like it would actually work out just about right.
- They could have done 3 LN's, making the confrontation with Kurumi the season one climax. It comes off a bit Deus ex Machina in that case however. And you then have to do 4 light novels in the second season almost.
Origami will eventually find out Shido's ability to seal Spirits' powers with a kiss. And she'll gain Spirit powers after that
Numerical Theme Naming.
Also, her obvious crush on him. She'll do almost anything (if not outright
anything) to win his heart.
To extend the idea:
- Origami is a spirit, and Shido sealed her powers during the incident 5 years ago. She isn't aware of it, either due to memory loss or she never got to use her powers really. Possibly a Childhood Friend.
- Her Emotionless Girl facade is something she subconsciously came up with to prevent power backflow.
- This would explain why she likes Shido and recognized him in the first book. (and seemed a bit miffed he didn't remember)
- It would also explain why she is such a good CR pilot, despite not having DEM's special treatment.
- She also was able to resist Kurumi's "City of Devouring Time" barrier in way similar to the sealed Tohka.
We have Yoshino
(5), and 3 is already taken by Kurumi but 6 isn't. Lightning-based abilities
would complete the Fire, Ice, Lightning
Shido will seal Kurumi's powers after sealing Nos. 6 and 7
From 1-10, only 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 are left. He'll likely seal 6 and 7 before sealing the last 3 in descending order.
When Shido seals Kurumi's powers, he will not suffer the Cast from Lifespan
cost that Kurumi has to pay
Highly plausible, since we still don't know the full extent of Shido's ability to seal Spirits and use their powers. Also, it'll be to make it so that Shido doesn't have to absorb others' energy or anything that Kurumi has to.
The ending will have Shido use Kurumi's powers to induce Me's a Crowd
so all the girls can have him
It's an extremely Balanced Harem
so this ending
is the most logical. Not to mention that he's just about the only person the Spirits trust.
- Really, it's the only way to redeem someone with her body count.
- After she does it, Shido will go back in time and save one of her copies(that everyone thought died) from right after she got her spirit powers that had not killed anyone yet(thus, promoting them to the "main" Kurumi). Thus, she both pays for what she did, and gets a decent ending.
Kurumi is actually from an alternate timeline and/or a Bad Future and is also the identity of the mysterious voice Shido heard while he was unconscious in Episode 1.
- Think about it. She has Time Travel powers and she seems to know quite a bit about Shido amongst other characters when they first met in Episode 7. The Light Novel reveals that she's a Well-Intentioned Extremist that plans on going back in time 30 years to stop the original spirit from causing the first Spacequake, with the help of the Phantom. She also mentions to Shido that she's had feelings for him "for a very long time" and to Origami that she has "much, much stronger feelings for him" than her, suggesting that Shido was possibly her lover in an alternate timeline, but perhaps he was killed and she failed to protect him, causing her to go insane after hitting the Despair Event Horizon (just like Tohka would have in Episode 3 if it wasn't for Shido using Kotori's Healing Factor to revive himself), prompting her to mention that she "will never make a mistake again" as the mysterious voice in Episode 1, which is why her ultimate goal is to create a good future for the man she loves.
- She's also okay with killing Shido herself and 'becoming one' with him because she needs his power to gain enough life energy (the multiple Spirit powers sealed within him amplifies that energy considerably) to travel back in time, so she can prevent him from ever dying again by creating an alternate timeline where Spacequakes never happened and preventing Spirits from being created from human girls by the Phantom, which in turn, would prevent the AST, DEM, and Ratatoskr from ever being created, effectively making the world normal again.
- It would also partially explain why Kurumi is the most difficult Spirit for Shido to seal so far, because she doesn't want her powers to be sealed, as she needs them to achieve her goal.
- 1. It's a pretty glaring case of potential Character Development here.
- 2. We've seen Tohka's Superpowered Evil Side. It's implied that other Spirits also have one they can tap into when they deem their current powers to be insufficient, as Tohka has done. If Yoshino saw Shido take a really serious injury... Also, Yoshinon is said to function as a Power Limiter for Yoshino. And Power Limiters are there to be taken off.
- She already kinda did, in that the can talk while wearing it now (though she still can't stand not having Yoshinon on her hand). The Superpowered Evil Side version makes more sense in that way.
Reine is heavily involved in the events of the first Spacequake which occurred 30 years ago
She hasn't slept for 30 years (according to her). Too much of a coincidence if you ask me. She could even be the first Spirit who somehow lost her memories.
- Lets just go all the way: She is Shido (and Mana's, by extension) real Mom and is using him to gather all the spirit's powers up again. When she gets the spirit powers out of Shido(after he seals them all)...her hair turns blue like his.
Anyone, I repeat, anyone can seal a Spirit's powers by kissing them. It's just that Shido is the only one to actually have done it
Which would make sense in a way.
I don't know, maybe for sheer lulz?
is that Kannazuki
is exactly the Ratatoskr officer to suggest such a thing.
Shido's real sister
Don't forget that Shido his real blood related sister still don't know anything about the project
They stopped talking about it on an episode because something so another reason for a season 2.
Shidou will encounter a male spirit
And not a trap
, but an actual male spirit. So we can finally see what Shidou can do with a problem that he can't kiss away.