Heartwarming / Date A Live
Since a heartwarming moment
is practically a prerequisite for getting each Spirit to trust Shido enough for him to seal their powers (with the exception of Kotori, who already was, and still is, at a maximum affection level with Shido
), of course we'll have quite a bit of these over the series.
- Volume 1: Shido convinces Tohka to stay in this world, saying that even if everyone else rejected her, he would still continue to accept her. Then he gets shot Taking the Bullet for her.
- Volume 2: Shido crosses a five metre barrier of blizzard (which could easily have killed him or frozen him) that Yoshino set up just to get to her to hand her Yoshinon, which he finally managed to find. He makes it to her, barely alive, handing her the puppet. Cue Cry Cute moment from Yoshino.
- Volume 4: One in a flashback, when Shido, who Kotori thought forgot her birthday, gives Kotori the black ribbons he bought her as her birthday present, and made her promise to be strong whenever she wears them. Hilarious in Hindsight considering her personality now.
- Volume 5:
- When Shido finally manages to convince the Yamai twins, who were fighting each other trying to wear themselves out enough for the other to kill her so the other can live on as Yamai, that as much as they care about each other, deep down they really don't want to die either, and that they really actually want to continue to live together. The duo finally make peace and stop fighting due to this.
- Another one would be that Kotori, despite abusing Kyouhei because of his masochistic tendencies, places her belief in him that he will save the Ratatoskr crew (as she wasn't in the ship at that point) from an attack by DEM.
- Volume 7:
- When Shido makes good on the promise he made to Miku to save her if she were ever in danger, in response to the question she asked on a whim, and didn't expect him to keep, given that she had lost trust in humanity, especially guys in particular. In addition, she didn't expect to be protected or even thought of by anyone (least not a guy) when she lost her voice (which had happened when she ran out of spiritual power there and then), which was the only thing going for her, and without which she would be worthless. Granted, he already resolved to save all spirits no matter what (including Tohka, who had given in to her Superpowered Evil Side and was the one the two of them were fighting in the first place, and Shido didn't want her to kill anyone either), but it still counts as the heartwarming moment for this series so far.
- While Ai, Mai, and Mii normally mock and berate Shido, not even mind control can force them to convincingly claim that Shido doesn't love Tohka.
- The aftermath of Volume 7, as Miku kissed Shidou on her own free will out of her newfound trust in him, complete a heartwarming speech for it. It gets even better when she finally managed to sing the song that she weren't able to back when her career as Tsukino Yoimachi were at the verge of collapse, and she tearfully thanked her audiences and Shidou (as darling) on stage.
- Volume 9: After everything that Shido and his friends have been through from Natsumi's antics, Natsumi still in denial and believes it's a ruse. However when she escaped by transforming herself into Kotori using her powers, she learns the truth that they do care for her even Shido consider Natsumi's tricks as a minor problem considering on how he been through in the past volumes. This causes Natsumi to be crying in tears as she was the one who's wrong about them and realizes her error. In the end, she manage to make peace and apologize to Shido and his friends for everything she has done.
- Volume 11: All of it. Even add in as a Tear Jerker moment in the series as well.
- In the first timeloop, Shido manages to comfort Past!Origami after losing her parents, which is when Shido realizes the truth on how Origami knew him from the beginning yet didn't recognize her himself. After learning the truth, Shido decides to go back into time again with the help from Past!Kurumi and saves Origami's parents.
- It turns out that the Origami in the old timeline didn't actually love Shido but relied on him as her Living Emotional Crutch to cover up her own weakness. However once both memories have been merged and her spirit powers have been sealed, Origami decides that the real love for Shido starts now.
- Volume 12: Everything the group does to help Shido in this volume is this.
- While it's a bit funny, hearing Origami's words to Shido while drunk also comes off as sweet since she's more honest and relaxed in this state than she normally is around Shido.
- How everyone shows Kotori she's not alone when she's on the verge of killing Shido via the Dainsleif.
- Phantom saves Shido from the Dainsleif's blast, weakens him to give the others a chance, and then she calls the other Spirits her children before leaving. While Phantom's actions are questionable, this scene shows whatever her plans are, she cares for Shido and all the spirits he's saved.
- Tohka finally figures out she's in love with Shido, and after saving him by restoring his spirit paths with her kiss, the illustration showing her smile despite her injuries captures the moment beautifully.
- After Tohka wakes up, she shows a bit more aggressive side to herself by asking Shido for a kiss each time he broke his promise to not kiss another girl. Then holds him close after the others arrive. It's really sweet to see Tohka finally know how much she wants to be with Shido.
- Volume 13: When Nia uses Rasiel to get info on Shido, she tears up from seeing their stories, especially Natsumi's and how she states she wants Nia to see friendship is a wonderful thing.
- Volume 15:
- While Mukuro admits she was initially angry about Shido unsealing her emotions, his act of saving her as they both faced possible death from the atmospheric entry caused by Artemisia made her fall in love with him. Although she attempted to monopolize Shido's affection to a verily possessive degree at first, she's genuinely distraught at accidentally blowing his arm, showcasing that she never wanted to harm him. She's just too innocent to fully understand the consequences of her actions.
- After Mukuro's powers are sealed, Inverse Tohka willingly lets Shido seal her powers, and asks him to never let "Tohka" be sad.
- The whimsical and innocently romantic lyrics of Save My Heart wonderfully summarizes Touka's new-found hope in life that Shidou has given her:
My life was monochrome and colorless, until the day you appeared, and then the cold cold winds stopped blowing.
With every sincere word you say, new meaning poured forth endlessly; what do they mean?
You are so different from everyone I've met to this day,
I want to know if you stole my heart?
Feel Me: Maybe you are the only one, who can wake me up from my eternal sleep
Like the Gallant Prince in storybooks from childhood.
Touch Me: I know have a feeling that only you,
Can open that eternaly locked door
With your hands gently turn the key
Please, Save My Heart.