The Anakin/Padme romance was a Mind Trick by Palpatine.Anakin and Padme, despite their meeting in Episode One, had not much in common. Anakin was a totalitarian, Padme believed in democracy, however inefficient. Anakin was from a culture (Tatooine) that emphasized practicality. Padme's culture loved beauty. So, with that in mind, there would be no reason for them to fall in love-unless they were tricked into it. Palpatine, seeing that Anakin needed more of a reason to join him than power, mind-tricked him into loving Padme, and Padme him. As it was, there were few connections between him and the material world.
Being Padme's bodyguard is a high-risk job.Sabé, Padme's decoy in the first movie, is not around and hasbeen replaced. What could have happened to her? Maybe this wasn't the first assassination attempt on Padme.
- Happier alternative: the same as happened out of universe- her adult height was five inches taller than Padme, and she would no longer be a convincing double, so was pensioned off to a career elsewhere.
Deathsticks aren't thinly veiled cigarettes, but rather ancient talismans that, when burned, give the user various Shinigami powers.The Jedi tried to eradicate them along with the Sith because they wanted the monopoly on mystical abilities.
- The Italian localization of AOTC calls deathsticks "spaccacervelli", which translates back to English as "brain smashers". This, and the Wookieepedia article on deathsticks, makes this troper convinced that deathsticks aren't cigarettes, but hallucinogenic and/or deliriant drugs.
- Also, why would a random person, who appears to be a druggie or at least weak minded, be selling ancient talismans to a random person he saw in a bar?
- Wookiepedia says that Deathsticks do have hallucinogenic properties which are less effective the more you use it.
- Russian localization just calls them "dur'" (дурь, a slang word for narcotics) and rolls with it.
Clonetroopers are genetically engineered to be gay.It worked for Sparta, how else are you going to deal with thousands of young male humans going through accelerated puberty with no females on the planet without riots starting? It also prevents Kaminoan biotech from being spread around and diluted, and explains among other things - the trooper discos and men-only bath-houses in Lego Star Wars found in trooper bases.
- Jossed many times over. Look at Darman and Jangotat.
- Whatever method the Kaminoans used to engineer that into the clones may be imperfectly reliable.
- Why not just make them asexual?
- Testoserone for aggression.
- Which they get enough of by being male. Asexuality is actually a plausible way to control the clones as their disinterest in sex allows them to channel that natural testosterone into combat. It also means they can be trusted to guard prisoners without taking advantage of them.
- Testoserone for aggression.
Jango Fett missedHe was trying to hit the Jedi, but hit his partner Zam Wessel by mistake, panicked, and flew off.
- Hey he is the base for Storm/Clone Trooper.
- ^ That is the most brilliant observation I've ever seen on a WMG page. Bravo sir.
- There were two Jedi, if that's the case, why didn't he shoot twice?
Palpatine arranged to have Anakin's mother killedNot like it would have been hard for him or his minions to bribe/force suggest the Sand People into attacking a specific moisture farm.
Anakin originally went to Tatooine to free his mother and kill Watto, and did the latter right before or after killing the Sand People.That's the reason he suggested hiding out on the planet. He was awfully forgiving of his former slave owner when he met Watto before going to the moisture farm. He was going to do the deed right then and there, but locating his mother was priority number one.
- Wasn't it kind of explicit that Watto treated his slaves (relatively) well? He seemed more stern father figure than cruel slave driver.
Captain Typho has seen the Silence.His eyepatch looks suspiciously like one of the eye drives used to counteract the memory effects of contact with them.
Jango had good reason for hiring Zam and choosing bugs as the means of assassination.He was attempting to cover his own ass by keeping as much distance from the job as possible, in case it caught up with him. He does have a kid to raise, after all.
Padme isn't a fool who believes Anakin is a good guy despite his fascist leanings and mass-murder. She just overlooks it because he's hot.There are several times that Padme seems impatient with Anakin or acts as if she thinks he's an idiot (e.g.: her chilly reaction to being interrupted by him when she's speaking to the new queen, her constant emphasis on the fact Anakin is still a padawan). She also dresses quite provocatively and talks about sex a lot, despite telling Anakin they can't be together. If you ask me, she wanted to sleep with Anakin during her break and then never bring it up again, but it got out of hand (because she felt alternately sorry for him and indebted to him during the ensuing drama). It's one way to justify them getting together despite having no non-physical chemistry, and her actually responding to that terrible "sand" line.
- Well that would make sense of why she's pressing him on the subject of Jedi law on 'love' on the journey to Naboo: she confirms her suspicion that the Exact Words forbid long-term relationships, but technically there Ain't No Rule against casual sex.
- Hell, Padme could even have told Anakin that in the fireside scene- that she's decided to spend her unplanned vacation exploring a side of life that she's never found time for before- provided what goes on at the villa, stays at the villa... and when he protests that he's profoundly in love with her, she's stating that it's a long-term relationship that's impossible.
- Well in regards to B) at least, there is the Jedi Sharad Hett and his son, A'Sharad Hett
- But they're still not Sand People, just immigrants to Sand People.
Padme never loved Anakin...He subconsciously mind fucked her into loving him.
Darth Maul ordered the Clone Army to be created.Think about it. Darth Maul was alive over ten years ago, when the army was stated to have been commissioned. He was working for Palpatine/Sidious. It would have made sense to him to have a plan like this prepared years in advance, and Maul was the perfect pawn to do this. In addition, the random name 'Siphodeus' (or however it's spelled) could have easily been Maul's Jedi name (ie before he turned evil), hence how Siphodeus could have died and ordered the clones in that order: Siphodeus was killed only as a Jedi, living on as a Sith, and to hide the Sith's influence, could have recycled his old name as a pseudonym.
Jedi!Anakin was written as a parody of Star Wars fandom.Much like the Abzorbaloff for Doctor Who, or Superboy Prime for DC Comics, Anakin in II and III was written to make fun of some of George Lucas' more passionate "fans". Just imagine Anakin saying "George Lucas raped my childhood!" and it makes perfect sense.
Clone Troopers aren't cloned from Force Sensitives for pragmatic reasons.It has nothing to do with the possibility of going crazy from sharing the same Force powers. Palpatine could've easily had, say Sifo-Dyas be the template. But there were two good reasons why he just chose a Badass Normal:
- When he goes "The Jedi are trying to take over", the Senate will ask him "then how come you had their DNA make our army." Awkward silence ensues
- If something goes wrong and some rebel, it's going to be a lot harder for Palpatine to take them down
Motive of Dooku's allies to join him
- Geonosis: They are in a losing battle with another species. The Republic supports the enemy, so they're with the Seperatists. The fact they are trying to develop the Death Star either shows how desperate they are to win the war, or hate them so much they want their planets blown up. They trust him enough to share the weapon
- Muun: They want to profit off this war. Also, they may have Trade Federation ties, and a Seperatist Galaxy would be more tolerant of their more dubious money-making
- Skakao: They get to prove their technological prowess with battle droids, and the crazier tech they're good at is limited by Republic rules
The Jedi's ultimate goal is the extinction of all Force-sensitive people.The previous film shows that Force-sensitivity has a biological component while this film confirms that Jedi are not allowed to get married and have children. This means that the Jedi are selecting against Force-sensitivity.
- That there are not enough Jedi to police and defend the entire Republic is a clear indicator that this is in fact a real problem. If the Jedi are seizing Force-sensitives as infants and then limiting procreation by their adult members, then over time they become increasingly reduced to random individuals with high Force-sensitivity as there would be no reliable lineages of such people to draw upon. Supplementary materials place the number of Jedi in the thousands, while the number of inhabited worlds in the galaxy is in the millions!
- Alternatively, it could be a religious thing. The Old Republic Jedi seemed rather staunchly dogmatic. It may be that they believe that the number of Jedi is properly decided by their Sentient Cosmic Force, and not by things such as natural selection or a Super Breeding Program. To this end, they prefer that Force-sensitives appear randomly, as they can read the will of the Force into this.
Kaminoans are not native to Kamino.It's covered completely in an ocean, and isn't a planet where their race would naturally develop. Kaminoans come from another world in their solar system, which was rendered uninhabitable in a cataclysm. This happened before they possessed hyper-drive, so they could only colonize the water world of Kamino.
- Alternatively they are, however Kamino suffered a devastating flood in recent memory and they had to recolonize.
The "thousand year" contradiction.George Lucas figured that the Republic being around for a thousand generations was stretching the suspension of disbelief, and thought he could add more mystery by only making it a millennium-long organization.
Anakin has Stockholm Syndrome for Watto.Despite being Watto's ex-slave, Anakin never uses his opportunity as Jedi to bully him. Watto was the closest thing Anakin had to a father figure and compared to Jabba he's a saint. As such, he can't bring himself to hate the swindling slaver and doesn't treat him as badly as most would.
Sifo-Dyas is an Aborted Arc.It's such an obvious cipher name. Sifo-Dyas may have initially planned to be the Count Dooku equivalent, ending with The Reveal that the Jedi had a traitor in their ranks. Of course, the fact it's such an obvious cipher name is probably why they didn't use it.