Awesome / Attack of the Clones
"Begun, the Clone War has".
- The arena battle. Sure, the Jedi lose it but DAMN is it awesome!
- Padme gets special mention because she is every definition of a Badass Normal. Unlocking her bindings, climbing to the top of her execution pillar, using the chain as a whip against the nexu, keeping on going even after she's been slashed in the back, and going to town with a stolen blaster rifle, which is meant to be wielded with two hands on account of its clunkiness, from a battle droid.
- Anakin and Padme have some great Back-to-Back Badasses moment as a true Battle Couple, notably when they commandeer a chariot-type thing, with Padme driving (and shooting!) and Anakin in the back deflecting blaster bolts and chopping up droids with his lightsaber. Then they take a near hit, the vehicle is overturned, and they scramble for the cover of the chariot pod, now on its side. Padme keeps coolly picking off battle droids with her blaster while Anakin covers both of them with his lightsaber.
- After dropping a battleship from the sky, the Clones march headlong into a sandstorm blasting apart the disoriented droids.
- Both of the big fights between Obi-Wan and Jango. The first one, where they slog it out in the rain on a spaceship launchpad. And the second, where they have a dogfight in the middle of an Asteroid Thicket, and Obi-Wan only escapes by faking his death and latching onto an asteroid. The second is particularly notable for being the first time in the movies that we get to see Slave I in action—and it's awesome.
- Anakin jumping out of his 'stolen' speeder, and landing perfectly on Zam's.
- After foiling the attempt on Padme's life, Obi-Wan sees the droid that brought those two poisonous critters to kill and immediately jumps through (not out, through) the window and grabs on so it doesn't get away. The entire chase scene following this is one long moment of awesome.
- R2-D2 can fly. We knew he was a Do-Anything Robot, but who could have expected that he can fly!?
- Although Yoda's popularity has never waned since the original trilogy, the moment he dropped his cane and pulled out a lightsaber in Attack of the Clones forever cemented him as being as badass as he is wise. There's a moment during the duel where it looks like Yoda air-jumped! That's right: at first glance, Yoda is defying physics like a Super Smash Bros. character! He really isn't, but it's no less awesome. You never would've except such an old, frail, and tiny little guy to be so nimble, even with the Force helping him out!
- "This party's over.", which is followed by an awesome battle between dozens of Jedi and hundreds of robots (and later clone troopers), in which the one speaking (Mace Windu) defeats another badass, Jango Fett. Mace facing down Dooku is awesome but it goes into Crowning Moment of Awesome territory when it is revealed that dozens of the spectators in the audience are Jedi.You can see why Mace has the initials for "Bad Motherfucker" on his lightsaber.
- Count Dooku kicked the asses of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi simultaneously, and still had enough juice to give Yoda a decent fight. Granted that he'd probably have lost if the duel had continued, but the number of people who could last even that long has got to be awfully small, and y'know, he's played by Christopher Lee.The best part was that Yoda wasn't trying to win. He was playing around, trying to buy time for the clones to arrive and save Obi-Wan and Anakin. Size matters not indeed. The guy salutes Yoda before the duel begins.
- The very end of the film, with the clone troops forming up for review, Palpatine standing on the balcony... cue the Imperial March. That's right, it's a Wham Leitmotif!
- The ending of the stadium battle when the Jedi seem defeated, but refuse to surrender.Then Yoda and an entire army of troops appear out of nowhere and save them. The phrase Big Damn Heroes has rarely fit better
- Padmé proved herself awesome in the stadium battle when she climbs up the pillar she is tied to and fights off the Nexu. Even getting slashed across the back couldn't stop her. This all happens while the two Jedi look on in wonder. "She seems to be on top of things." No kidding, Obi.
- Obi-Wan's fight with Jango Fett including the OhCrap moment of "Oh, not good!".
- Towards the beginning of the film, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are chasing after Zam, Anakin takes a short cut. He pulls to a halt, and for a few moments, it looks as though they've lost her. Obi-Wan looks annoyed, but Anakin doesn't. Then Anakin gives his master a casual "excuse me" before jumping over the side of the speeder, free-falling through traffic, and landing on Zam's speeder. And he timed it just right. This scene was obviously made for anyone still in doubt that Anakin is the Chosen One. The best part: Obi-Wan looks annoyed when he does it, and simply states, "I hate it when he does that." Meaning that this isn't the first time Anakin's pulled an awesome stunt like this.
- Obi-Wan may say he hates flying, but he flies that Jedi starfighter like a true Ace Pilot against Slave I.
- Jango Fett beats one Jedi in a fistfight, that same Jedi in a dogfight, kills another Jedi with a blaster, and holds his own against a Jedi and a giant monster at the same time. He loses that last one, but that's still an impressive record for a Badass Normal.