Video Game: Vampire Night
Vampire Night is a Light Gun Game and a joint collaboration between Namco and Sega (Under the WOW Entertainment label) that was later ported to Playstation 2.The game takes place in an alternate version of 2006 where everything looks like the 19th century. Two Dhampyrs named Light (or Michel) and Shadow (or Albert) are on a mission to kill the Vampire to end his reign of terror from a local village.
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: After being defeated, Guillaume lets himself fall off a ledge rather than let Albert and Michel kill him.Guillaume: Me defeated by humans? Never!
- Death Seeker: It's implied that Auguste created Albert and Michel to end his existence as he was tired of his undead life.
- Failure Knight: Raoul, who mentions he became a vampire after failing to save his love.
- Five-Bad Band:
- The Big Bad: Count Auguste, the Vampire
- The Dragon / The Dark Chick: Raoul (Dark Mind) and Diane (Ice Queen) alternate between these. While Raoul has quite versatile powers fit for a right-hand man, he is the only one who survive by being reverted into a human. Diane however serves as Auguste's real right-hand and lover.
- The Evil Genius: Guillaume, the Genius
- The Brute / The Napoleon: Bathe'lemy, the Knight
- Hostage Spirit Link: Thankfully averted, the only innocents you come across are those with the vampire sarcomas on them that you have to shoot off. Miss and they turn into vampire mooks you have to put down, but otherwise you are not penalized. Saving all the civilians in the chapter awards you with a bonus life.
- Homage: Raoul's design is reminiscent of a certain Balamb Garden student.
- Mad Scientist: Guillaume, who performed twisted experiments on humans.
- One-Winged Angel: All of the bosses pull this on you when you fight them. Special points for Auguste actually having angel wings on him.
- Orcus on His Throne: Double subverted. Upon Raoul's defeat, Auguste was about to stand up and face Albert and Michel alone, but was stopped by Diane, who reassured him that she'll deal with them.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Diane. No, seriously. A vampire mermaid.
- Our Vampires Are Different: A variety of vampires you face throughout the game.
- Redemption Equals Death: Diane initially rejected Caroline's plea for humans and vampires to co-exist. Upon defeat, however, she considered it a possibility right before her death.
- Shout-Out: Raoul mentions his lost love was name Sophie.
- Spiritual Successor: To the first two House of the Dead games. The boss battle life bars are later used for the third and fourth games in the series.
- Suicide by Sunlight: The way the two main characters end their lives. From their point of view, their job was done and there was little reason to go on living in a world they were a danger to.
- Tagalong Kid: Caroline, the little girl whom the heroes save at the beginning of the game.
- Zeerust: While the game is set in the modern-day France, everything looks as though they were stuck in The French Revolution period.