Video Game: Ten Eighty Snowboarding
1080° Snowboarding, often referred to as just 1080°, is a snowboard Racing Game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64 and first released in Japan on 28 February 1998. It was re-released on the Wii's Virtual Console service in 2008. The player controls one of five playable snowboarders from a third-person perspective using a combination of buttons to jump and perform tricks over eight levels.
The game features examples of these tropes:
- Anti-Frustration Features: The player cannot take damage in Stunt Attack mode.
- Awesome McCool Name: Ricky Winterborn.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: If two players use the same character, their outfit changes color.
- Cool Shades: Rob Haywood always wears these.
- Five-Token Band: The five boarders:
- Goggles Do Nothing: Akari wears goggles only on top of her head, even when racing down a mountain.
- J Pop: A good portion of the background music is this.
- Life Meter: Present in the racing and Time Trial modes.
- Racing Ghost
- Skybox: Particularly glaring in the training level.
- Time Trial: One of the game modes.