An upcoming Adventure Game from Cyan Worlds, Inc., their Spiritual Successor to the Myst series.Due for release July 26, 2016 on Mac and PC with Oculus Rift compatibility.
Tropes featured in Obduction:
- Alien Geometries
- Alien Sky
- Beautiful Void
- Ontological Mystery: You're on an alien planet. There's a farmhouse. That's all you're given.
- Organic Technology: The object which transports the player to the alien world resembles a kind of seedpod with other, stranger shapes nested inside.
- Punny Name: Like previous Cyan entries such as Riven and Uru, this title uses an obscure term to suggest a more apparent one. In this case, obduction, a geological process in which one tectonic plate covers another, and abduction, because the player is stolen away.
- Scenery Porn
- Spiritual Successor: To Myst
- Shout-Out: The white farmhouse is a possible one to Zork
- The initial scenario, an alien vessel appearing from the sky and whisking the player off to a strange world, is remarkably similar to The Dig.