Video Game: Mighty Milky Way
Designed by WayForward as part of a series that includes Mighty Flip Champs! and Mighty Switch Force!, Mighty Milky Way! is a puzzle-action game where French-speaking green martian girl jumps in space evading red, blob-like Mooks and occasionally running away from T-Rex who shoot lasers and in cutscenes also appears to be her husband.Each level you jump from planet to planet to your destination — the black hole. You can only move in one direction while walking on the planet, so you have to time your jump to reach next planet. If you have some candies around you — you can create new planets. The trailer is here.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Luna
- Anime Theme Song: Not exactly Japanese, but it might as well be. It was voiced using the Megurine Luka Vocaloid, after all
- Baby Planet: Planet candies allow Luna to create planets (and bubbles) that can be used as platforms, shields, or whatever is necessary to complete the current level.
- Bare Your Midriff: IN SPACE!
- But Thou Must: When asked if you want to see the tutorial again, your options are "Yes" and "Very Yes".
- Either way, the game just points out the options planet to you.
- Downer Ending: Congratulations, you helped blow up the earth! Cue sad rendition of the title theme.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: It's how Luna gets around.
- And at the end of the game, she even does this to the trope's namesake as her ultimate mission.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French. Oh yes.
"Et maintenant... la futilité." ("And now... futility.")"Et puis l'univers a une bouche de moins ŕ nourir" ("And the universe has one less mouth to feed")
- If you actually understand what she says, you'll find that this trope is being parodied. The one-liners she gives are quite negative despite her cheerful exterior. For those who don't, Way Forward uploaded a helpful list of translated quotes on its official website:
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Frickin' Laser Beams: In boss levels, T-Rex destroys planets under you with lasers.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: T-Rex and Luna's relationship in cutscenes.
- My God, What Have I Done?: You have Luna destroy Earth in the final stage, causing T-Rex to cry. The button that goes to the credits is even labelled "what have i done?!"
- Green Hill Zone: The second world has grassy planets and a cloudy blue sky.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: See the above image.
- Hartman Hips: Luna.
- Lethal Lava Land: The fourth world is fire themed.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: T-Rex who appears to be robot dinosaur who shoots lasers out of his eyes.
- Nintendo Hard: Many of the later stages dive into this; the extra mode Time Bomb Mode—which you unlock by beating the game—is this completely.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: During the T-Rex levels.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning / Glowing Eyes of Doom: Luna in the end after destroying Earth.
- Shout-Out: Luna has posters of Alta from Mighty Flip Champs! in her bedroom.
- Under the Sea: The third world is this.
- Villain Protagonist
- Wham Episode: The final stage, which is rather underwhelming compared to the one immediately before it, has rather somber music leading to a planet that looks like Earth, which Luna destroys. Turns out, it WAS the Earth, and destroying it was her ultimate mission. You've been playing the villain for the entire game, and the T-Rex was actually trying to stop her from destroying what is assumed to be his home planet.
- Wham Line: "Congratulations, you've helped Luna complete her ultimate mission - DESTROY EARTH!!"