Video Game / Jewelpet
Aside from the cuteness that is the anime series, the Jewelpet
has a line of rhythmic music games for the Nintendo DS
and the Nintendo 3DS. They are:
Jewelpet Cute Magic Fantasy
The first Jewelpet game developed and published by MTO, released on April 30, 2010. The game utilizes the Nintendo DS console in a horizontal layout and uses the DS stylus to navigate through the game. Magic sessions are utilized by the stylus, letting the player touch the flowers appearing on the screen to successfully synchronize with the music. Wi-Fi Connection is available, allowing online gameplay with other players.
Jewelpet DS Magic Kirapi Kariin
The second Jewelpet game released on December 17, 2009. It's the sequel to Jewel Pet: Cute Magic Fantasy and the game is based on the Jewelpet anime itself. The gameplay is like the first game but with major additions such as adding the microphone feature, character voices from the anime and VS Magic sessions. Interactions with your Jewelpet is introduced in this game. This is the only Jewelpet
game that made it into the Famitsu
Hall of Fame.
Jewelpet Let's play Together in the Room of Magic!
The third Jewelpet game released on August 5, 2010. Unlike the past two games, the third one utilizes the Nintendo DS console in a vertical layout and is based on the Jewelpet Twinkle anime. It has a different gameplay style, which departs from the first two sequels and has a few improvements made in the gameplay such as improved interactions with your Jewelpet, accessories for the Jewelpet characters, mini-games and newer magic sessions.
Jewelpet Magical Rhythm Yay!
Officially the fourth in the series and the first Jewelpet 3DS game developed and published by Furyu, released on November 10, 2011. The game adapts both the musical elements of the first two Nintendo DS games as well as the life simulation elements of the third game using the 3DS's Augmented reality system. It also adapts certain elements from third anime series, Jewelpet Sunshine.
Jewelpet Magical Dance in Style Deco!
The fifth and current Jewelpet game, released on November 8, 2012. It adapts some elements from the fourth series, Jewelpet Kira☆Deco!
Features examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Despite that it follows the plotline of the anime series (except the first and third game), it is played differently for the younger player to adapt.
- Musical Gameplay: Except the third game, although it does have some Rhythm Game elements, more speficially when you attempt to awaken a Jewelpet out of it's Jewel Charm.
- New Game+: The first game, after you beat the game once, you have to challenge all the music sessions again to get a perfect clear.
- Nintendo Hard: Oh, sooo much! It's like an unholy mix between Osu! and Parappa The Rapper. Getting a perfect clear needs serious memorization on which musical flower you need to touch. The later games updated the mechanics making it even harder to beat.
- Video Game Caring Potential / Video Game Cruelty Potential: The third game, in which you care for 8 Jewelpets(Ruby, Sapphie, Garnet, Milky, Luna, Peridot, Sango and Labra).