, as it is currently known, is a 2014 video game currently being developed by Namco Bandai
, and the first Godzilla
game since Godzilla: Unleashed
was released 7 years earlier, assuming that one doesn't count the mobile games for Godzilla (2014)
. Very little information is known. What is currently known is that the game is being developed for the Playstation 3
, that Tamashii Nations, the makers of the S.H. MonsterArts toyline, will be designing the character models for the monsters, and that the game will be released in Japan in December. No international release date has been specified.
Monsters currently confirmed to appear
- Heisei Godzilla
- Legendary Godzilla
- King Ghidorah
- Mothra - Larva and Imago
- Jet Jaguar
The first teaser can be seen here
. The official site can be found here
Tropes currently listed:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Godzilla will start off at 50 meters tall, and as the game progresses will grow to be 100 meters tall.
- Out of the Inferno: One screenshot shows Heisei Godzilla staring down Legendary Godzilla, who is silhouetted by an explosion.
- Breath Weapon: As usual, Godzilla will be wielding his atomic breath.
- Fighting Game: Many fans are hoping for the game to be this, though official press releases have kiboshed that by confirming it to be single-player.
- Giant Foot of Stomping: One brief shot from the teaser shows Godzilla stepping on a tank.
- Humongous Mecha: One of the monsters confirmed to appear is Kiryu, also known as Mechagodzilla III.
- Kaiju: It is a Godzilla game.
- Scenery Gorn: The teaser shows Godzilla doing what he does best: tearing a city apart, with detailed destruction and debris.
- Shoulder Cannon: Kiryu's appearance appears to be based off of his Tokyo S.O.S. appearance with shoulder cannons.
- Spiritual Successor: The game itself appears to be a spiritual successor to the obscure Godzilla Dreamcast games, Godzilla Generations and Godzilla Generations: Maxium Impact in which there are alot of fixed camera angles while fighting hordes of JSDF and Super X's of the former and the fighting monsters of the latter with none of the improbable jumping physics of the Atari games.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: This magazine page◊ states that Legendary's Godzilla will face off against the Heisei Godzilla.