, as it is currently known, is a 2014 video game currently being developed by Namco Bandai
, and the first Godzilla
game since Godzilla: Unleashed
was released 7 years earlier, assuming that one doesn't count the mobile games for Godzilla (2014)
. Very little information is known. What is currently known is that the game is being developed for the Playstation 3
, that Tamashii Nations, the makers of the S.H. MonsterArts toyline, will be designing the character models for the monsters, and that the game will be released in Japan in December. The game will be internationally released in Summer 2015, though no date has been specified.
Monsters currently confirmed to appear
- Heisei Godzilla
- Legendary Godzilla
- Showa Mechagodzilla
- Heisei Mechagodzilla
- King Ghidorah
- Mothra - Larva and Imago
- Jet Jaguar
- Final Wars Gigan (chainsaw hands)
The first teaser can be seen here
. The official site can be found here
Tropes currently listed:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever:
- Heisei Godzilla will start off at 50 meters tall, and as the game progresses can grow to be 100 meters tall.
- Legendary Godzilla is set at 108 meters, towering over most other kaiju.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Mothra is an opponent in both her Larva and Imago forms.
- Boss Rush: King of the Monsters Mode.
- Breath Weapon: As usual, Godzilla will be wielding his atomic breath. Along with King Ghidorah's gravity bolts and Heisei Mechagodzilla's mega buster. Different forms of Godzilla's breath weapon are unlockable with different range and damage effects, including the Spiral Beam, the mistier breath of 1954, and Minya's smoke rings.
- Chainsaw Good: Gigan has his chainsaw hands from Final Wars.
- Cool Ship: The Gotengo/Atragon is one of the bosses (in its Godzilla Final Wars Neo Gotengo design), as are the Super-X II and the Super-X III.
- Downloadable Content:
- While none has been announced, the developer has hinted at Super Kiryu, MUTO, Rodan, and Kumonga.
- Zone Fighter is another character they have hinted at and they even hinted at DLC stories like the Red Bamboo army from Godzilla vs The Sea Monster and even pick up on some events where the movies left off. Wonder what politician Glen is doing now days?
- Fighting Game: Many fans are hoping for the game to be this, though official press releases have kiboshed that by confirming it to be single-player.
- Giant Foot of Stomping: One brief shot from the teaser shows Godzilla stepping on a tank.
- Humongous Mecha: All three Mechagodzillas, Jet Jaguar, and Moguera are appearing.
- Kaiju: It is a Godzilla game.
- Karma Meter: Godzilla can be played as a hero,note an anti-hero,note or a villain.note If you're a "hero", the human military will ignore you and focus their firepower on enemy kaiju. Cause too much destruction, and the humans will send out mechas to put an end to your rampage.
- Lethal Joke Item: Among the unlockable breath options are Minya's Smoke Rings, which do heavy damage and when combined with grappling, become one of the most effective ways to damage an opponent.
- More Dakka: The three Mechagodzilla are stuffed chock full of weapons, and Heisei and Kiryu even have shoulder cannons.
- Multiple Endings: Your endings are based on your actions in the game.
- Mythology Gag:
- The tutorial is a black-and-white rampage through 1954 Tokyo as Heisei Godzilla.
- Just like in Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster, Godzilla can fly using his Atomic Breath, and does his victory dance from Godzilla vs. Monster Zero.
- Godzilla 2014 is an extremely powerful melee fighter, but his Atomic Breath only has two charges and takes longer to replenish than Heisei Godzilla's. This is in keeping with the movie, where it was Cast from Hit Points and only used as a last resort.
- Out of the Inferno: One screenshot shows Heisei Godzilla staring down Legendary Godzilla, who is silhouetted by an explosion.
- Pre Explosion Buildup: It is confirmed Godzilla's nuclear pulse attack is one power.
- Regenerating Health: The first Godzilla game to fully utilize this. Your health automatically heals to more damage you take.
- Scenery Gorn: The teaser shows Godzilla doing what he does best: tearing a city apart, with detailed destruction and debris.
- Shoulder Cannon: Kiryu's appearance appears to be based off of his Tokyo S.O.S. appearance with shoulder cannons. Heisei Mechagodzilla is in its Super Mechagodzilla mode, with the Garuda warship attached to its back with its twin laser cannons slung over its shoulders.
- Spiritual Successor: The game itself appears to be a spiritual successor to the obscure Godzilla Dreamcast games, Godzilla Generations and Godzilla Generations: Maxium Impact in which there are alot of fixed camera angles while fighting hordes of JSDF and Super X's of the former and the fighting monsters of the latter with none of the improbable jumping physics of the Atari games.
- When Trees Attack: Biollante once again appears in her second form.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: This magazine page◊ states that Legendary's Godzilla will face off against the Heisei Godzilla.