, also known as Great Gurianos
or 黄金の城 (Ougon no Shiro
, translated as Castle of Gold
), is a 1986 Beat 'em Up Arcade Game
. It was developed by Allumer, Ltd. and published by Taito.
Playing as a knight or gladiator named Great Guaranos/Guiranos, you plod through four stages on a quest for treasure. Of course, you'll have to go through a lot of traps and guardians before you can get it!
The game has a 1992 sequel titled Blandia
Should not be confused with the film Gladiator
, even if it features gladiator fights.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Clothing Damage: For both the player and his opponents, the first hit on an area removes the armor. The second hit kills. Against the sole female opponent, in the U.S. version you can get her down to a bikini. In the Japanese version, you can remove everything above the waist.
- The Commodore 64 also has armor damage, but only causes to flash before turning red with the armor intact. The other port to the ZX Spectrum shows something fly off, but the character only has the armor color change to green.
- Let's Play: Les Lumens on YouTube has a very well done playthrough of this game.
- Scoring Points: Getting items and killing enemies will get you points. Defending by striking incoming projectiles rather than blocking with the shield nets more points.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The player character's name is either Guaranos or Guiranos.