Video Game: Deadstorm Pirates
Deadstorm Pirates is a pirate-themed lightgun game from Namco. You play two pirates named Eric and Leah, part of a crew that is looking for a treasure known as Poseidon's Breath. To do so, they must brave supernatural enemies who guard the island where the treasure lies. Luckily for said crew, Eric and Leah have the rare weapons, the golden guns, and are more than ready to take on all comers.The game hit the arcades in 2009 and was ported to PlayStation 3 using the Move controls as a bonus game to Razing Storm, along with Time Crisis 4, and as a stand-alone title on the PlayStation Network. An Updated Re-release labeled "Deadstorm Pirates: Special Edition" was released to arcades in 2014 that adds two new levels and expands the ending. Many have likened it to Sega's Let's Go Jungle!.
This game provides examples of:
- Attack Its Weak Point: Pretty much Every. Single. Boss.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Most of the bosses you face except ironically, the Final Boss who is more human-sized.
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: The Golden Guns
- Butt Monkey: Bruno
- Clipped Wing Angel: Captain Vincent's final form, thanks to an Eldritch Abomination taking over him. Compared to his previous form which can Flash Step, slash, and summon enemies/homing skulls, it can now only summon homing skulls and shamble up to you to bite you. It also has a lot less health.
- Dem Bones: The skeleton pirates you face.
- Humanoid Abomination: The final boss is some form of Eldritch Abomination, but it needs Captain Vincent's skeleton to walk around, so we only ever see its gaping alien maw.
- Expy: Eric and Leah are basically Yun-Seong and Xianghua. Everyone else is lifted from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Flash Step: Used very often by the final boss.
- Giant Enemy Crab: Well, lobster, the boss of the rapids stage.
- You also fight a lot of regular sized ones during the rapids stage, and they're annoying because they use their oversized right claw to block your attacks.
- Golden Gun: The main character's Weapon of Choice.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: You need to shoot Captain Vincent with a harpoon to finish him off. He still survives thanks to the abomination inside him.
- Kraken: The third boss.
- Light Gun Game
- Living Statue: Pirate enemies that were turned to stone by Poseidon's curse, then brought to life with the sole purpose of killing intruders.
- Quick Time Event: The game cabinet comes with a third controller along with the two guns, shaped like a steering wheel; this is used exclusively for those times when the game asks to perform actions like pulling your ship hard starboard, or dodging attacks.
- Shield-Bearing Mook: The giant crabs, which use their oversized right claw to block damage. Attack them when they lift it up.
- Shout-Out: The sword enemies are designed like the Soul Edge.
- Soul Jar: The sword enemies, which look like a zombie holding a ghostly sword. The zombie is invulnerable as it's being re-animated by the ghostly sword, destroy the sword to put an end to it.
- Zerg Rush: Many of skeleton enemies do this alot.