Video Game: Dream Raiders
Dream Raiders is a 2012 arcade motion ride Rail Shooter game from Sega.There's no real story to it. Basically you pick a scenario such a fighting a dragon, flying through a city,, skiing down a snow mountain, riding a horse in the West West etc. Shooting down any obstacle that comes your way while the seat bounces and sways along with the action (think the Rail Chase games or Sega's Jurassic Park arcade).While it can be played with one or two players, regardless you share a life bar which makes the game more intense. It is pretty short with only six stages (and three bonus stages, bringing it to nine total) but still quite fun.Here's a trailerAnd a demonstration of how the game works.
Dream Raiders has the following tropes:
- Alien Invasion: One of the bonus stages.
- Attack Its Weak Point
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: In the snow level.
- Do Not Touch the Funnel Cloud: The western stage has your characters suddenly hoisted off their horse and into a tornado.
- Life Meter
- Medieval European Fantasy
- Minecart Madness
- No Plot? No Problem!: You're basically playing out "dreams". Otherwise there's nothing at stake, its just for fun.
- Rail Shooter
- Retraux: The visuals deliberately resemble 90s CG animation as opposed to modern 3D graphics.
- Superhero: The alien invasion stage has you dressing up as one.
- The Wild West