Video Game: Deadstorm Pirates
Deadstorm Pirates is a pirate-themed lightgun game from Namco. You play two pirates named Eric and Leah, part of a crew that is looking for a treasure known as Poseidon's Breath. To do so, they must brave supernatural enemies who guard the island where the treasure lies. Luckily for said crew, Eric and Leah have the rare weapons, the golden guns, and are more than ready to take on all comers.The game hit the arcades in 2009 and was ported to PlayStation 3 using the Move controls as a bonus game to Razing Storm, along with Time Crisis 4, and as a stand-alone title on the PlayStation Network. An Updated Re-release labeled "Deadstorm Pirates: Special Edition" was released to arcades in 2014 that adds two new levels and expands the ending. Many have likened it to Sega's Let's Go Jungle!.
This game provides examples of:
- Attack Its Weak Point: Pretty much Every. Single. Boss.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Most of the bosses you face except ironically, the Final Boss who is more human-sized.
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: The Golden Guns
- Butt Monkey: Bruno
- Dem Bones: The skeleton pirates you face.
- Humanoid Abomination: The final boss is some form of Eldritch Abomination, but it needs Captain Vincent's skeleton to walk around, so we only ever see its gaping alien maw.
- Expy: Eric and Leah are basically Yun-Seong and Xianghua. Everyone else is lifted from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Flash Step: Used very often by the final boss.
- Giant Enemy Crab: Well, lobster, the boss of the rapids stage.
- You also fight a lot of regular sized ones during the rapids stage, and they're annoying because they use their oversized right claw to block your attacks.
- Golden Gun: The main character's Weapon of Choice.
- Kraken: The third boss.
- Light Gun Game
- Soul Jar: The sword enemies, which look like a zombie holding a ghostly sword. The zombie is invulnerable as it's being re-animated by the ghostly sword, destroy the sword to put an end to it.
- Shout-Out: The sword enemies are designed like the Soul Edge.
- Zerg Rush: Many of skeleton enemies do this alot.