Dark Escape 4D
is a 2012 mounted light gun game from Namco Bandai
You play as a nameless character who awaken in a dark, dank dilapitated setting. The only other person with you is a girl who likewise has no idea what's going on. A video monitor reveals a man in a face mask who wishes to have a little experiment with the two of you, challenging both to escape from his little game alive if they can armed with nothing but a machine gun. However standing in between you and freedom is a army of mutated creatures and traps that will ensure the two of you don't make it out alive.
As the title states, the games goes all out to immerse you in the adventure. Not only does it support 3D glasses (though there is an option to switch to 2D) and a fully surround sound system. The game also includes seat vibrations and air fans to help with the jump scares and a heart monitor on the triggers which gauges your reactions as you blast the monsters.
Here's a trailer
As well as a playthrough
(on the Japanese version).
- And Then John Was a Zombie: The girl in the bad ending.
- Attack Its Weak Point: On a few of the tougher enemies as well as bosses. Headshots are also the quickest way to kill the zombies.
- Boom, Headshot: The fastest way to kill the zombies; they more often than not won't go down in just one hit, but it still beats the alternative as they can take a lot of bullets if you try to shoot anyway else.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: The game often time ignores the fact you drew a bead on the nearest zombie first and has them hit you long after you've riddled it with bullets.
- Eldritch Abomination: You'll be facing plenty of these.
- Jump Scare: A very main gimmick of the game as monsters and traps pop out of nowhere. What's more, the game is monitoring this as well.
- Karma Houdini: The scientist, by the time you've reached his location, is long gone. All of his video encounters were pre-recorded messages.
- Light Gun Game
- Mad Scientist: The man who put you in this predicament in the first place.
- Multiple Endings: Depends on if you got all the video cameras through the game and how you do in the final battle by shooting down the spores and keeping the girl safe.
- Our Zombies Are Different
- Rail Shooter
- The Reveal: The whole ordeal turns out to be a military test for biological weapons with you and the girl as the lucky guinea pigs.
- Win to Exit: The predicament you and the girl find yourself in.